
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - "The Texas Republican Party is distancing itself from a vendor who sold campaign buttons at last weekend's state convention that asked, "If Obama is president ... will we still call it The White House?"
The state GOP party said Wednesday that it will donate the $1,500 rent it collected from the vendor, Republicanmarket.com, to Midwestern flood victims.
State GOP spokesman Hans Klingler said the party does not vet the merchandise being sold, but officials plan to discuss doing so in the future. The button sales at the convention in Houston were first reported in the Dallas Morning News.
"This vendor need not apply to another Texas GOP state convention," Klingler said. 'We will neither tolerate nor profit from bigotry.'"
Ahhh, you mean anymore.
I saw this story days ago. But I was honestly waiting to see when my friends from the "grand old party" in Texas would act. And now it looks like they finally did. They kicked that "bad" vendor right out of there. Oh wait, they didn't kick him out. He sold his buttons and his paraphernalia right on through the convention last weekend. Ohhh I get it, the article says that they are "distancing" themselves from the vendor. So they didn't actually stop him from selling his items during the convention. And what a lovely set of people those republikkkans are, they actually donated the money he [the vendor] gave them for his rental, to the flood victims of the Midwest. To quote the one and only "church lady": "isn't that special?".
I wonder how many buttons and t-shirts that vendor sold? I know one thing, if the "O" man does become Prez. the racist "O" man paraphernalia is going to make a lot of people rich. It will be flying off the shelves...aah, I mean out of the tents...out of the parking lots...or wherever good racist gather to praise A-merry-ca and curse the other people. Hey, "Republicanmarket.com", when are you going public? I want to buy some shares of your company.
Oh but come on field, this is Texas, what else did you expect? Nothing. This is exactly what I expected. And I also expect it in Ohio, Michigan, West Virginia, and right here in Pistolvania . These are all places where good republikkans gather to declare their love of god guns and country.
But I have news for you folks. I say let the folks sell all the racist shit they want about Obama. As long as it's not advocating bringing harm to him or his family, it's cool. This is A-merry-ca and they have the right to do that here in the home of the [some are]free and the land of the[some are] brave. I actually think it's a good thing that these types of people come out of the wood work and that they have been emboldened. Now you know who and where they are. Many of these same folks are, after all, your neighbors, co-workers, and acquaintances. Hell, many of them are dumbocrats, and they are right in that so called liberal big tent with you.
"If Obama is President will we still call it the White House?"
Nope, I bet you will have a much better name for it than that.

0 Comments