Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

An old familiar road.

I feel like we have been down this road before.


The first time it was after commercial airliners loaded with innocent people struck New York City and the Pentagon. And now, it's a monster beheading American journalists on the Internet for the entire world to see.


I can hear the saber- rattling all the way over here. (I see you John McCain.) All that's missing is the American flags in the FOX NEWS studios. Americans, once again, want war.


An all too willing president, who is tanking in his approval ratings, will soon address the nation and tell us that he will do everything in his powers to kill those ISIS people, and that he wants them just as bad as the rest of us.


Over at FOX the screams for blood have reached a fever pitch,
and the usual political suspects , as is expected, will try to score political points.

Of course he will do it (or so he says) without putting boots on the ground. (Because Americans still don't have the stomach to watch all those coffins with our sons and daughters coming into Dover.) We will see if we can win a war from 40,000 feet and by arming our "friends". Friends, of course, being a relative term.


Tomorrow is September 11th. It is 13 years since that horrible day when, as  Americans, we realized that terrorism can come to our shores.


As I write this post the president is giving his address to the nation now about America's future and what will be needed to fight our new found enemy.


I suspect, that like all Americans, he is worried about that terror revisiting us again. Not just from our computer screen, but live on Main Street.


I am listening to the very left leaning Chris Matthews, and he is saying that the president is not doing enough. More is needed he is saying, just merely saying we will hit with air strikes is not enough.


"It’s fear-mongering,” Harkin said. “It’s what happened after 9/11. ‘Oh my god, they’ve got these planes crashing. Now they’re going to take over America.’ That’s nonsense.”

“We overreacted to 9/11,” he continued. “Most of the people that did 9/11 were Saudis. Why the hell didn’t we invade Saudi Arabia? There wasn’t one Iraqi involved in 9/11. We just keep jumping from one mistake to another. I have a feeling we’re going to do the same thing with [ISIS].” [Source]


One thing I did learn is that Barack Obama is sending 475 troops to the Middle East.....


Yep, this road looks familiar.





























Post a Comment

0 Comments