Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Chalk one up for the O man.


Zzzzzzzzzzzz, oh, wait, I have to create a post tonight. Forgive me for nodding off folks, I just caught the debate between Mr. Morton and the O man, and if you saw it you will know what had me nodding off. No sparks, no memorable quotes, no knock out punch. I was watching it on CNN, and their little tracker on the bottom of the screen was doing a flat line the entire night.


But still, I have to give an edge to his O ness. And before you folks start calling me a closet Obamaholic, please believe that I am not. Trust me, if our boy had lost, I would have called it that way. But he didn't. He beat the salty one on points tonight.


Speaking of salty: I guess now you see why I call the man Mr. Morton. John McCain, WTF? Could you at least look at the O man once in awhile? I know you just probably view him as an uppity black man, and you have nothing but contempt for the guy, but you have to at least pretend to like him. Try making a little eye contact every now and then. Your body language and obvious contempt for the man was showing, and it was the worst part of your performance. The pundits weren't talking about it that much tonight, but I guarantee you that the people watching noticed. The O man seemed more likable than you, and in A-merry-can politics, that's huge.


And what the hell is a League of Democracies, or whatever you called that crap? You want them to enforce democracy in the world? And how exactly will they enforce it? Especially since Russia and China are not democracies. And the next time you go spouting off names of foreign leaders, you might want to get the name of the President of Pakistan right.


O man, you had some stumbles yourself. I wasn't feeling your ear mark and tax moments when you should have been talking about this fucked up economy, and how it's hurting our pocket books. And you showed just a little too much deference to the salty one, although I get why you did it (The brotha always has to be the gentleman), but pick your spots and throw a zinger at the old guy every now and then, it won't hurt.



Still, I liked your "google for government" reference, and your line about Mr. Morton using a "hatchet" when he should be using a "scalpel"; it almost had classic written all over it. O man, maybe you need to work on your delivery just a little, because it was a good line.



So another debate is behind us. The "O" man looked presidential, and Mr. Morton, finished the damn thing without blowing his lid. But I don't think it was a game changer, and the way the week has been going for Mr. Morton, that's not a good thing.



Oh well, maybe Sarah will come through for him next week. She did it once before, but has the luster gone from the beauty queen? He invoked her name tonight, so clearly Mr. Morton is hoping that there is still a little shine left. For his sake, I sure hope so, because there was no shine 0n him tonight.

Post a Comment

0 Comments