It's finally over. 2009 and the decade that started off with an attack on our homeland, and ended with our financial bubbles bursting in the air, has finally come to an end. We almost lost a great city, and, sadly, we did lose some of our beloved icons. In many ways, A-merry-ca will never be the same. If you have a job you are one of the lucky ones. If you are black and have a job, you can really count your blessings. And speaking of black; A-merry-ca elected a black president, and came closer to fulfilling her incredible potential. We are still at war, and there is no end in sight. There will be many painful days to come. Not only are we at war in far away places, but we are fighting domestic terror in the cities of our homeland as well.

And yet, we move on. We have our distractions to keep our minds away from our real problems and the things that really matter. We have Tiger, and Lindsey, and Brad, and Angelina, and....well, you get the picture. There is no problem too large that a little superficial distraction can't cure. It's the A-merry-can way.

Unlike most of you I won't start this year with a resolution. I try to treat every I day like the start of a new year. If you think about it, every day is the start of the rest of your life. Every day that you are alive is a milestone.

Some of you will no doubt have goals: Get a new job; find a new mate; get into school; or get that home or car that you always wanted. Whatever your goals; go for it. If you are reading this post I am guessing that you are going to give it 110% That's what field Negroes and honorary field Negroes do.

It's 2010. ( I like that. It has a nice ring to it.) I am pumped. I will have so much to write and share my opinions about. And, hopefully, you all will be there with me; checking me when you think I am wrong, and adding clarity to my position when you think I am right.


So, to steal a quote from my man "Jigga", "Let's go get em".