Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Dear John: No apology is needed.


Before I post tonight, here is hoping that Slick Willie is OK. My man has had some heart issues and apparently it's acting up again. Love him or hate him, the guy is the consummate politician. I met him once a few years back and he made me feel like I was the only one in the room. I bet if I met him again he would remember my name. That's how good the guy is. So get well soon, Willie.

Now to my post: I honestly wasn't going to blog about John Mayer, in spite of all the people e-mailing me and asking me about my opinion about what he said. I have said this before, and it's worth repeating: I am actually happy when famous people (or anyone else) make their true feelings about race, religion, or whatever, known. Don't hide behind the mask of political correctness. Don't be a hypocrite. We need to know how you feel and that you are out there.

It's why when ignorant ass trolls come to this site and drop the "N" word like it's going out of style I let them. Because as ugly as it might seem to you, it's important that you understand what kind of country you live in, and how your neighbors (famous or not) really feel about you.

So that's where I stand on Mr. Mayer. And I wasn't going to blog about him until I heard the latest:

"The same day he apologized for using the N-word and blabbing about his sexcapades with Jessica Simpson in Playboy, John Mayer broke down on stage.
While performing his tune "Gravity" Wednesday at Nashville's Sommet Center, Mayer, 32, stopped playing and apologized to his bandmates.

"In the quest to be clever," he began, "I completely forgot about the people that I love and that love me.".." [story]

Oh stop it! What is with famous people when they are caught dropping the "N" word or some other insensitive s#*t going on the apology tour? Watch, he is going to call Rev. Inc. next and they will absolve him of his racial sins. Trust me, once Rev. Inc. says that you are not a racist, you can assimilate back into the PC version of A-merry-can society. Now that's a gig I would love to have.

Hey Field Negro, it's me, Don Imus. Look, I think I might have f*&^#d up and called some black females some not too PC things. Anyway, can you help me? Sure Don, but depending on what you said this one is going to cost you. I called them "nappy headed hoes" on the air. Oh oh, Don, you better get your check book out....I know Don Imus, I know what's in his heart, he is not a racist. Thank you Field, your check is in the mail. What a country. But I digress.

So all of a sudden Mayer sees the folly of his ways, and poof, just like that, he is not a racist anymore.

Give me a break! The guy is disgusting on a couple of levels. And being a racist is just one of them. Fist, he kisses and tells,which makes him a zero in my book. And second, he is an opportunistic liar. All bad things. Mayer later says, in his public mea culpa, that he is going to "get it together". Translated: I am going to try to keep my big mouth shut about my true feelings in the future.


And that's where I stand on Mr. Mayer. Hopefully I won't have to blog about him ever again.


Post a Comment

0 Comments