
"I'm here today to offer my unwavering support to...millions of Texans just like yourself that are tired of Washington, D.C. trying to come down here and tell us how to run Texas."
That was Rick Perry, the republican governor of the soon to be country of Texas, declaring to his citizens that they want to be free from the tyranny of Washington.(Funny, I didn't see any of my cousins in that You Tube clip.) Yes folks, in the great state of Texas, they have decided to pass a resolution affirming their sovereignty under the 10th Amendment of the Constitution. Sounds like the folks in "hook em horns" country are trying to tell us something. (That there is secession talk, folks.)
Where do I start with this? Okay let me start by saying to my friends in Texas: we will miss you. Not all of you, but the ones who found themselves, for whatever reason, stuck in that land that time forgot. My only hope is that you can get out before the secession is complete.
Personally, I hope the good governor takes the stinking Cowboys and every backwards ass town from Amarillo to Brownsville and El Paso to Orange and declare the entire joint their own country. Then let's pull all of our federal services out of the new country of Texas which our taxes pay for and see how they make out. No more post offices; no more food stamps; no more farm subsidies; no more Medicare or medicaid; no more fancy roads to drive from one god forsaken town to another; no more funding for their child support offices or social security benefits for their seniors or disabled; no more money for research for their universities; --hell no more money, period-- and sure as hell no more electricity, because we will be cutting their asses off of the national grid. I mean give me a fucking break! I know they want to take our federal stimulus money without oversight, but that ain't gonna happen. Sorry, we don't trust you to spend it right. The scary thing is that Texas isn't alone, seems there are a dozen or so more states led by republican crackpots considering the same thing. See folks, this is what happens when Radio Rwanda AKA FOX NOISE gets to run amok.
I bet the folks who fought at the Alamo didn't sign up for this shit. If they only knew then what we know now Texas would probably be the most northern state of Mexico. Its not too late of course, I am sure the Mexicans would love to take them back. Now there might be a slight language problem, but the Canadians have handled that type of thing just fine. Just think, the hottest teams in Texas will go from being the Dallas Cowboys and San Antonio Spurs, to the Houston Dynamo and the F.C. Dallas soccer teams, over night. The downside, of course, would be that my Iggles wouldn't get to beat down the stinking cowboys every year like we do now. But Jerry Jones could always move the team to Oklahoma.

0 Comments