*Oh my! All these controversial costumes for Halloween. Who knew that the day reserved for scares could cause so many people to take leave of their sense and sensibilities.
That's not Lil Wayne in that pic, that's some stinking Dallas Cowgirls cheerleader trying to be funny. Now let's see if you black folks are outraged about this or if you think it's just another costume. I know we are not monolithic in our thinking, and, as was the case with our Hispanic friends,there will be differences of opinions. (BTW, go to the link, our little Cowgirl and her friends didn't leave out Hispanics.) But.....come on, she is a stinking Cowgirls cheerleader. As an Eagles fan, please believe that I hate the Cowgirls. If this woman was wearing a Mother Theresa costume I would want to find a reason to rip her ass.
But field, how can you be upset with her for posing as a black man when one of the Cowboy's players posed as a blond for a commercial? Haven't blonds been marginalized in this country? What about all those dumb blond jokes? Maybe she was just getting even. Well, first of all, he is a stinking Cowgirl, so nothing he does would surprise me. I honestly would not expect anything else from him. I think he was an idiot, and what he did was in poor taste as well. But the analogy would be a poor one.
Hey, I know that some of you think that you are living in post- racial A-merry-ca, and black face is cool right about now. But sorry, I am just not there yet. I still see far too many buffoons masquerading in black face that wasn't painted on. The argument that imitation is a form of flattery when it comes to this type of imagery just isn't tenable.
Ms. Dallas Cowgirl Cheerleader I didn't like your costume. And I sure as hell don't like your stinking team. The only good thing about this story is that you and your boyz will be here in Philly next weekend, and first place in the NFC East will be on the line. Hopefully we will lay a righteous smack down on your fraud of a team. And you and your black face costume; Jessica's man; and your owner with the sad looking nip and tuck job, will all -cheerleaders and team-be sent back to Dallas with your "tails between your legs". Tails, by the way, that aren't a part of any costume.
h/t to Greg Williams for this story, and to the website *Tazz Daddy.com
Go Phillies. 7-2 bottom of the 7th.

0 Comments