Michael, as someone who considers himself somewhat of a clothes pony, let me say for the record, that I loved the suit. Your press conference today was perfect. You said all the right things, and sounded articulate doing it. You looked "Eagle Nation" and the rest of A-merry-ca in the eye, and declared yourself a changed man. You apologized for your past wrongs and vowed to be a model citizen.
Personally, that's all I needed to see. You paid your debt to society in spades, and you deserve a second chance. As a member of "Eagle Nation" I can unequivocally say that you will help our football team as well, because our back up quarterbacks stink, and at some point in this coming season I can assure you that "5" will go down.
Rick Pitino, that scum bag, must be the happiest man in A-merry-ca right now, because the Eagles signing you took him off the front page and out of the headlines. He should send Jeff Laurie half of his check from Louisville next year. But I digress.
Now, as I suspected, the white folks here in "Eagle Nation" are not pleased. (Yes, this has broken down along racial lines here in Philly. So what else is new? Blacks folks are welcoming him with open arms. My pet loving white friends, on the other hand, not so much.) They don't think Mike has been punished enough. They see Mike as nothing but a cold hearted dog murderer, and poor Fido can't come back. One woman was crying on the radio this morning (C-R-Y-I-N-G-) because of the way her dog was looking at her last night after the news. "It's as if he knew" is what she told the host.
Now you white folks have got to quit this madness: He killed a fucking dog! A dog! Dogs are no different than chickens, fish, and cows when it comes to the food chain pecking order. I know we don't eat them but some people do. And yes they make nice pets (give me a dog over a cat any day) but they don't contribute shit to society but give people from dog food companies jobs...well, OK, there are the seeing eye dogs and rescue dogs, but they are still dogs.
If Michael Vick had killed and abused little black babies not one of the people in an uproar now would give a flying fuck. There are players in the NBA and NFL who father multiple children and don't take responsibility for them, and no one cares. If those same players had abandoned their dogs the way they did their kids there would be hell to pay. Right here in Philly there was a popular baseball player who battered his wife, and the public outcry from the Philly faithful was nothing like it is now. I wonder why?
A friend of mine is a season ticket holder, and he wanted to see if he could get better seats under his plan. He called the Eagles front office to see if anyone had canceled their season tickets (this was around 1:00PM today) and not one person had canceled. Not one. So where are all the people here in Philly who have vowed to rip up their season tickets and not watch another Eagles game? Could it be that they were all full of shit? It could be I guess, or maybe they all just want a chance to boo Vick in person. One loud F- YOU for Fido.

0 Comments