Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Iceberg Slim would have been proud.

Image result for pastor darrell scott trump images * I am trying to think what me dear daddy would have done if some snake oil selling politician and mountebank had asked for a sit down meeting to improve his optics when it comes to minority voters.

Everyone of those pastors who met with Donald trump today should be met with an empty church this Sunday morning. Trump called the meeting "amazing"; I call it shameful. I am not quite sure who is the pimp and who is the whore in this one, so let's just call it a toss- up. A mutually beneficial trick session.

What on god's green earth (pun intended) would possess these folks to meet with trump? That was a rhetorical question. Of course we know what it is: Money. And this is why so many people (particularly young ones) are so cynical when it comes to the church. For them to even meet with this race- baiting demagogue who routinely blows his dog whistle to his crowd of bigoted devotees speaks volumes about them as preachers and as human beings.

I blame their congregations as well. I am not sure how they can sit and listen to a sermon about virtue and compassion from someone who breaks bread with folks likes Donald trump.

"We had a wonderful time in the meeting," said Darrell Scott, the senior pastor of New Spirit Revival Center in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, who helped to organize the meeting. "We made a lot of progress. It's not the last one."

I am sure you did Darrell. And you will be especially pleased after that check clears.

"Some committed. I don't know the number," Scott said. "The rest are praying about it. They said, 'We have to go pray about it.' They'll come back and endorse at a future time."

I am sure that if they "pray" hard enough the good lord will show them the light. Or, even better, the billionaire will show them the checks.

With all due respect to Big Daddy Kane, pimping is easy.


*Pic from reuters.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments