Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Just the facts.

Image result for mueller images I wish I could take credit for this but I can't. Someone said today, referring to Robert Mueller's testimony, that this is one instance where the book was better than the movie.

What the heck was up with Mueller today? Poor thing, he looked like he didn't want to be there, and what's worse is he probably shouldn't have been there because of his health. Throw in the fact that he was bending over backwards to be objective and not to seem partisan, and the entire thing could have been one big disaster for the dems. I say could have been, because the only thing preventing it from being a total disaster was that the democrats still had the facts on their side. And when all is said and done, Mueller still had to pretty much admit that he could not say for a fact that had Mr. trump been Joe Blow Citizen he would not have been charged with a crime.  He flat out said that his report did not exonerate Mr. trump.

The dems were also saved by a couple of congressmen (and women) who asked some pretty good questions. I am not quite sure what the dems expected. I warned folks yesterday on twitter not to get excited about Mr. Mueller's testimony, because I expected that he would do exactly what he did today. I also said that no matter what he said the cult of trump would still be with him one hundred percent. They would just try to find more ways to discredit him and the investigation.

As bad as Mueller was today, you just know that it might have been even worse for the president, because optics can only take you so far. At some point the cold hard facts have to mean something. trump blew up on reporters today, because in spite of how he might try to spin it, he has to know that reasonable people all realize that he is a crook. 

Now, not surprisingly, while Nancy dithers more democrats are calling for the impeachment of Mr. trump. It wasn't Mueller's testimony today that did it, but rather, it was all the facts that were outlined in the report that he prepared. 

Remember that when the pundit class start talking about optics and all the theater surrounding these hearings. It's all about the facts.


Post a Comment

0 Comments