Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Leroy's act of kindness.

Image result for leroy smith nazi images I must be a terrible person, because the picture that you see above is generating all kinds of kumbaya buzz, and I, unfortunately, don't get it.

Yes, I see the black man who happens to be a police officer helping the old klansman suffering from a heatstroke. Good for Mr. Smith. That was a very kind and professional thing to do. I suppose that as a first responder his professional instincts just kicked in.

Sorry, I would have had to call someone else to help the old fella.

But this is the thing with most black people that folks in the majority will never understand: we are such a forgiving people.  No matter how much you crap on us we are still willing to help you and show you compassion. Eve if you are a virulent racist whose death in the South Carolina heat would not have been a big loss to humanity.

Field, you are such a cynical asshole. Why can't you find it in your heart to love even those that hate you?

Sorry, I wasn't built like that. When it comes to the good book I am not down with Matthew 5:39, I am more of an eye for an eye kind of guy.

Anyway, not surprisingly,  Leroy Smith is getting all kinds of twitter love.


"@bijancbayne @RobGodfrey @robgreeneII This kindness chokes me up. How do SC people find that well of caring in the midst of so much hatred?"
 
"not an uncommon example of humanity in SC: Leroy Smith helps white supremacist to shelter & water as heat bears down. pic.twitter.com/GoF23r3mRe"
 
"@imraansiddiqi @RobGodfrey I hope he changes his ways after this episode of humanity at its finest. Well done to the police officer."
 
Mr. Vegas
 
"@MrVegasMusic
I would do the same as the police officer! Love conquers all! "Black police officer, assisting KKK member, after heat stroke"
 
Kyle Skoumal @kyle_skoumal
"Lets take a moment to respect and try to be more like this black police officer helping a KKK member with sun stroke. "

And on and on it goes.

Nothing like turning the other cheek, showing "humility", and taking the high road to make you a hero in the eyes of your fellow Americans.

Mr. Smith is a true son of the South. His fellow South Carolinians should be proud.   

*Pic from independent.co.uk





 
  

  

Post a Comment

0 Comments