Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Little Big Horn, Baghdad, what's the difference?




I never really liked those old Cowboy and Indian movies because I never got off on watching those Cowboys kill a bunch of Indians. The Cowboys always had guns and the Indians had bow and arrows. I mean how fair was that shit? Besides, I guess even at a young age I had this profound sense of fairness and a love for the underdog.




I must be one of just a few people in America who think Custer got what he deserved at Little Big Horn. After all, weren't we the ones intruding into sacred native American land in the Black Hills? What, you think a bunch of Sioux and Cheyenne decided to combine forces to fight the U.S. Calvary for nothing? George Armstrong Custer might have been a civil war hero but he fucked with the wrong Indians that day.




Which leads me to another George. This one not so much of a hero, although I am sure he considers himself very much a Cowboy. Just as we did with the Indians and their land back in 1876, this George invaded and intruded into what the people of Iraq consider their land, it pisses them off, and they are fighting back.


The Sunnis and the Shiites haven't combined forces like the Sioux and the Cheyenne yet but they will. And when they do, Little Big Horn will pale in comparison. I know people like the cheerleaders over at FAKE NEWS like to keep score and a running tally of the bad guys we have killed. "Sixty insurgents were killed by coalition forces today...." but that shit means nothing to me. I keep thinking about those old Cowboy and Indian movies and I can't help but wonder when this latest George is going to get his Little Big Horn. Althought when you think about it; with almost 4,000 American lives lost and many more to come, you have to wonder if George hasn't gotten his Little Big Horn already.





Post a Comment

0 Comments