Rikyrah (who is seriously cool people in my book) and the rest of you Obamaholics won't like this post, but you all know that I have to keep it 100% with you and tell you I feel about things. Well, actually, in this case, it's not just me, it's a whole lot of my fellow Philadelphians.


Now here is the deal: seems his O ness wanted to do the whole train down to D.C. thing like his boy Lincoln and other presidents did back in the day, an inaugural train ride if you will. Just a another way for him to go into to D.C., and show some folks some love along the way. A "Whistle Stop Tour" they are calling it. (He slipped into our very chilly city last night) So far so good, right? Yes but here is the problem: His O ness is going to start his trip right here in Philly at our venerable 30th Street Station, but the station will be closed, and only 250 of his closest friends will be allowed in to see his O ness start this historic journey this Saturday.


Here in Philly, we are not feeling the "brotherly love" from a certain president elect. In fact, we are feeling a litle like red headed step children. "I am disappointed for the masses of people here in Philadelphia who would like an opportunity to show their love and affection for this family before they leave" So said one woman, Ruth Birchett, from North Philly. I hear you Ruth, it would have been nice. And to add insult to injury, his O ness will be making stops to meet and greet his adoring fans along the way in Wilmington and Baltimore. I wonder if he realizes that Philly came out for him big time, and helped him to wallop the salty one (AKA Mr. Morton) by over 500,000.00 votes. Without those big numbers from Philly and its suburbs he could not have won Pistolvania, and that was huge. Baltimore? Wilmington? Yeah okay, we will see how much time you spend in those cities come 2012.


I wonder who these lucky 250 people are? Chris Mather of the Obama inaugural committee said that they were mostly "campaign volunteers" and not "big shots". Okay Chris I will take your word for it. But how did these people get selected? What about the people here in Philly who busted their butts knocking on doors and volunteering their time for your boy? What about the folks who sacrificed their time and hard earned dollars because they believed in the change that your boy was selling? Didn't they deserve at least a shot at being in that number? "I think there is some disappointment at not being able to see him in Philadelphia....There was an e-mail going around. Some people were expecting a large public gathering." Said another Obamaholic, but alas, it was not to be. Even my buddy Seth Williams, who could be our city's next DA, and who organized the O man's petition drive in these parts, was surprised. " I just assumed there was going to be a big parade" Apparently so did a lot of other people. But as we are all beginning to learn, his O ness likes to do things his way.


Which is cool. As long as he does a good job I am sure all will be forgiven. It's just that us folks here in Philly are feeling a little slighted, that's all. But hey, we are used to it. I just hope his O ness realizes that we have long memories. (We still haven't forgiven Wilson Goode for dropping that bomb on the Move people) So have fun on your train ride O man, and pack a few cheese steaks for the trip. Hey, you need something to help you remember us. But don't worry, we won't forget you.



GO EAGLES!