Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Nuclear Phenomenology: A Conceptual Proposal for High School Teaching

I'm all for teaching kids, even at the high school level, various areas and topics in physics. I think going beyond the basic, fundamental topics (such as mechanics, rudimentary E&M, etc.) can stimulate their interest and remove some of the boredom out of studying physics.

Still, I am not sure how effective this would be considering the level of understanding of an average high school student here in the US. The authors are arguing that various concepts in nuclear physics can be introduced effectively at the high school level. Maybe this is more appropriate for educational systems where high school seniors already have some solid understanding of physical chemistry and atomic physics.

I think it would be educational for the general public, though. It presents various nuclear phenomena in simple terms that many people can understand. So it could be useful as a general educational material in nuclear physics.

Any physics high school teachers reading this? What do you think? Would something like this be understandable, or even useful, for your students?

Zz.

Post a Comment

0 Comments