Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The cliff gets closer.

While the VP shopped at Costcos and O finished up his I love America tour, there was Timothy Geithner visiting the GOP with a message from the president: This is our one and only offer; take it or leave it, b*****s. 

Of course, as is to be expected, the tan man and his people were not pleased.

“Listen, this is not a game,” Boehner said. “Jobs are on the line. The American economy is on the line, and this is a moment for adult leadership. Campaign style rallies and one-sided leaks in the press are not the way to get things done here in Washington.”

Well Mr. Boehner, one person whose job is not on the line is one Barack Obama. You see, sir, he was the guy who actually won the last election. Not the guy he had lunch with today. (I wonder how that went. Nice to see you again, Barack. Oh, just so you know, I don't eat fried chicken.) I am left to wonder why you would call his offer a "non-starter". I think the majority of Americans want to do it his way: Extending the Bush tax cuts to folks who make less than $250,000.00, and not messing with those entitlement programs

"Republicans are also insisting on significant reforms to entitlement programs like Medicare and Medicaid, deep spending cuts and not raising tax rates for the wealthy. Democrats say their bottom line is simple: taxes on high-income earners must go up.

“Right now, all eyes are on the White House,” the speaker said."

No Mr. Speaker, "all eyes" are on all of you.



 

Post a Comment

0 Comments