Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The day of the Geechie is NOT gone.

Image result for lahoma city news anchors gorrila image       Racism can take many forms. There is the trump/ MAGA type of racism, which stems from ignorance and a quest for control and power. There is the NAZI type of racism, which is just vile and evil. And there is the "innocent" I didn't mean it type of racism, which is just as dangerous as the  other two that I listed above..

A perfect example of the latter is what transpired in Oklahoma City between two news anchors. It has to do with a gorilla, a blonde (save the King Kong jokes), and a poor go along to get along Negro who ended up finding himself to be the butt of a racist insult on live television. 

"Oklahoma City news anchor Alex Housden attracted national attention when she committed a huge racist blunder by comparing her black co-anchor Jason Hackett on-air to a gorilla.
A segment about a gorilla at the Oklahoma City zoo began rolling on camera. The gorilla started to poke its head up at the camera. “This is Fin. He’s a resident at the Oklahoma City Zoo and this week the zoo’s ape caretaker took over their Instagram and we are all loving that they did,” Housden told the audience at home. “Now as you can see, Fin was fascinated by the camera,” said the KOCO anchor Housden.

“Definitely ready for his close up,” Hackett replied.

He kinda looks like you,” Housden joked. Hackett awkwardly laughed and agreed."

You know the worst part of this story? That this CJ type Negro agreed with Missy's assessment of him.  The Negro should have gotten up and walked off the set right then and there, but noooo, instead, he laughed and agreed with Missy's racist characterization. Someone should tell this Negro that "the day of the Geechie is gone."

Of course the next day, as is always the case with the "innocent" racist, Missy apologized to her black co-anchor, and cried tears of pain when she realized what a racist she was.

"Housden issued a tearful on-air apology the next day after realizing the effects of her joke. Many had taken to Twitter calling for her to be fired.

“I said something yesterday that was inconsiderate, that was inappropriate, and I hurt people,” began Housden. “I hurt people. I want you to know I understand how much I hurt you out there and how much I hurt you. I’m just humiliated,” she continued, before emphasizing her deep friendship with Hackett.

Hackett accepted her apology, saying that he loves Housden as a friend as well.
“The lesson here is that words matter,” he said. “We have to understand the stereotypes, we have to understand each other’s backgrounds and the words that hurt, the words that cut deep.” [Source]

Misssy said that she is humiliated. She calls her black co-worker a gorilla on live television and She is humiliated. 

Hey, at least they are still friends. That is until she innocently calls him a Nigger at the Christmas office party.

Post a Comment

0 Comments