Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The end of racism?

I wish someone would have told me sooner that racism had ended. If they did, I wouldn't have spent all this time chasing racism all over the damn place. Go figure.

Maybe that's why they had a special segment for white artists on The Soul Train Music Awards, tonight. (I see you Wolf Blitzer) Just black folks doing their bit to bring the races even closer together.

Poor GOP, even when they try to reach out to us black folks they end up looking clueless. I wouldn't blame them if they never try to address black issues again.
It just never turns out well.

"Today we remember Rosa Parks’ bold stand and her role in ending racism"

That's what our friends in the grand old party tweeted today to commemorate the anniversary of Rosa Parks refusing to give up her seat on a segregated bus in Montgomery, Alabama. Awkward.

Of course they corrected their tweet a few hours later, after they realized that Rosa Parks was a very courageous woman who deserves her iconic place in history for what she did, but that giving her credit for ending racism just might be a bit much.
     

Post a Comment

0 Comments