So I am looking at this NYDN list of the greatest guitarist of all time....Ok, I see Hendrix. Check. Eddie Van Helen. Check. Jimmy Page. Check. BB King. Check. Some of these names I can't argue with. But as I continue down the list, I don't see the man that I personally consider the greatest of all time. (Sorry Mr. Hendrix.) What is wrong with these people?
Oh Field, stop it. You are only lobbying to get Ranglin on the list because you are Jamaican.
Nope, if that was the case I would have insisted on folks like Al Anderson, and Stephen Cat Coore crashing the party. But I am trying my best to be an honest broker in this debate. I mean all you have to do is listen.
Clapton. Check. Keith Richards. Eh. Randy Rhodes. Eh. Chuck Berry. (Dude almost threw me off a boat from Catalina Island one night. Long story.)Check.
Oh well, we can't all agree on everything.
One man's great riff is another man's just ordinary.
I just wish that someone would have checked with me first.

0 Comments