I recently posted my review of the showdown in Saddleback, and I gave the edge to Mr. Morton. Well I am embarrassed to say, that I, like the rest of A-merry-ca, was hoodwinked.
Sorry for the bad review folks, it's looking like Mr.Morton and his peeps might have cheated. Yes, our war hero didn't play fair. Turns out that he wasn't in a "cone of silence" as the moderator (let's call him "Minnesota Fats" for his role in this little sting) and hustler extraordinaire hinted at. Nope, he was on his way to the church in his motorcade. And since his "O" ness was on stage at the very same time, getting the very same questions that were going to be asked of Mr. Morton; unless you still believe in the tooth fairy, Santa Claus, or republican family values, you know damn good and well that Mr. Morton was getting the goods. --No wonder his answers were so perfect----
Now I compared Mr. Morton to Smoking Joe; a man I know, and a man I consider to be a great champion. And all I can say is; Joe, I am sorry. You would never have gone into the ring with Ali with over sized gloves, or questionable liquids in your water bottle. No, you would have fought a fair fight. You would not have punched Ali after the bell, or below the belt during a clinch. So comparing you to McCain was an insult to you and everything you stood for.
Oh come on field, how do you know that McCain cheated? You have no proof of this. You are taking the word of a few operatives and the Obama people. Yes I am. And you know what? If I have to make a choice as to who I will believe, guess who is going to win? I will give you a hint: it ain't the war hero.
“The insinuation from the Obama campaign that John McCain, a former prisoner of war, cheated is outrageous...” This is what one of Mr. Morton's surrogates had the nerve to tell us. As if a man who cheated on his wife, was a part of the "Keating Five", and who would damn near do anything to become President before he goes off to his final resting place in the desert, isn't capable of cheating.
To my readers I apologize. I should have played closer attention, I should have seen that the fix was in.

0 Comments