
"The stimulus package". It sounds like the name of a bad porn movie, but it's all you hear about in A-merry-ca these days. The O man wants it so bad he can taste it. Just a few weeks into his presidency and he is throwing the weight of his presidential bully pulpit into getting it passed. If you believe his O ness and his peeps, it's 800 billion dollars that we cannot afford to go without in these dire times. We need it for jobs, jobs, jobs. If you believe the rethugs, it's just more of the same government spending of our money. "You can't spend your way out of a recession", they scream. I told you that this Obama was a Socialist. It's a modern day version of the New Deal, which will only prolong the recession and turn A-merry-ca into a big government spending Socialist state. Government can't correct this problem, it must correct itself. So jobs are going to be lost, it's what happens in a democracy. This is what we are hearing from the right, and they have their so called experts who are not shy about espousing that position. But no matter who you believe, or where you come down in this debate, there is no denying the importance of what this stimulus package means to our future.
Well field who do you believe? Well, I will give you a hint: it ain't the folks who have been in charge for the past eight years and put us into this mess. And since I consider myself a democratic Socialist of sorts, you better believe I that am not down with the economic philosophy that says give the rich guy the tax breaks and he will give us jobs. We tried that, and it didn't work, remember? Yeah, I think I am going with the school of thought that says government has to inject money into the economy in order to fund start up programs and projects which have the capital to hire people. When people have jobs they spend money, it's that simple. When rich people get tax breaks they don't necessarily give people jobs. And right now, more than anything else, we need jobs in A-merry-ca.
I hear that his O ness did a little tour of Indiana today, and tonight he had a press conference to once again let the A-merry-can public know how important this bill is. I say it's about time. "Stimulus package" has become more and more of a dirty word in A-merry-ca, and support for the package has been diminishing. The folks on the right have been winning the PR war and even some dumbocratic poli-tricksters have been running scared.
It's hard to believe that with unemployment at seven percent in most places and up to ten percent in places like Michigan that rethugs could be winning shit. But such is the power of partisanship. And I know that his O ness swept into office promising change, but his ass better consider the politics of old for a minute and start embracing his base, and the so called progressives in this country who put him in power. I have some news for the O man; these folks are never going to be with him. There are fundamental differences in the way that they believe government should be run. We tried it there way and we got screwed. We elected you to try it our way. Stop pandering to the clowns in Washington and start talking to the A-merry-can people. Stop trying to cut things out of the stimulus package and start putting more things into that bitch.
So man up O man, because if when the next election rolls around people still don't have jobs, you can kiss the White House and all those helicopter rides good bye.

0 Comments