Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The White Party.





"If you look at folks of color, even women, they're more successful in the Democratic party than they are in the white, uh, excuse me, in the [laughs] Republican party."

Looks like Howard Dean, a man who is no stranger to controversy, and who has a reputation of speaking his mind, is at it again. The Reich wing blogs and bushites are all over him for his latest little comment.

Howard, I am a little curious about your "even women" comment ----as if women are an afterthought---, but other than that, I agree with you 100%.

I think we could characterize the republican party as the "white party." And many white folks would argue (present company excluded of course) that it's the exact reason that they are members of the grand ole party. Still, as is always the case with us hypocritical A-merry-cans-----especially when it comes to matters of race--, the person who calls a spade a spade (no pun intended) will always catch some flack.

The thing is, you could tell that it was a "Freudian slip", my man really didn't want to say that, but he sure was thinking it.

Still, Dean's rhetoric represents something dangerous as well, and I will tell you what it is: Howard Dean represents the white liberal wing of the democratic party, and in his mind his party is the party of blacks and women. I guarantee you, that to him, our vote is in the bag. In his mind, he doesn't have to worry about our vote, because the white folks vote republican, and the black folks vote democrat.


Black folks, we have to be careful about this, we cannot allow ourselves to be taken for granted. I know, I know, it's hard to vote republican. And personally, I would rather vote for Paris Hilton before I support a republican candidate or their platform. But we still have to explore all options and become informed about all the issues before just putting our vote down for the donkey. (An independent, a third party candidate... ) Howard Dean would not be so confident when he says that the republican party is the "white party" if us black folks didn't play easy to get. He would understand that he has to work to get us too. Hell we just can't be old reliable hanging around the bar at last call, after all the cuties have turned us down and headed home.


Yes Howard, folks of color are more successful in the democratic party. But to quote Michael's little sister: "what have you done for me lately?"

Post a Comment

0 Comments