I am just looking forward to getting a little R & R in Havana and checking out all those cars from the fifties.
Of course, as is to be expected, the Cuban exile community in Miami is upset about the move. To them, Fidel Castro is the closest thing to the devil himself.
I feel their pain. But it's a good political move on O's part. Most (not all) of those Cubans in South Florida are all conservative republicans and would never vote for a democrat if their lives depended on it.
Truth be told, I have more love for my Cuban brothers and sisters who were stuck in Castro's Cuba than for the ones who escaped to sunny South Florida.
"Miami-Dade County Commissioner Esteban "Steve" Bovo, a Republican whose father was a pilot in the 1996 Brothers to the Rescue mission, called Democratic President Barack Obama a sellout.
"Today will be a sad day for all those who have dedicated their lives for a free Cuba. Our President has sold out freedom," Bovo posted to his Twitter account, @CommBovo.
He followed up with two more posts, directed at the dissident Ladies in White and at the Brothers to the Rescue families, whose relatives were shot down by the Cuban Air Force.
"Damas de Blanco @BarackObama and his accomplices sold you out," he wrote. Then: "Family members of murdered pilots of Brothers to the Rescue @BarackObama Sold you out."
Maggie Khuly, the sister of Armando Alejandre Jr, one of the four Brothers to the Rescue members shot down, said the families of the failed mission's victims were outraged.
'I was expecting this, but I can't believe it,' Khuly said. 'No one (in the federal government) had the decency of telling us anything."'
Ahhhm, excuse me, but who the hell are you?
Maggie, No one in the federal government owes you an explanation for a damn thing.
Still, I hate to say it, but I actually agree with a FOX VIEWS host about some of the bad possibilities of this move.
"Reacting to the news that President Barack Obama intends to loosen restrictions on the U.S. embargo on Cuba, Fox News anchor Shepard Smith wondered whether we’ll “ruin” the island nation with the influx of capitalist goods rather than basic necessities.
“I think the last time I went [to Cuba], I brought back Cuban rum, Havana Gold for like four dollars,” Smith reminisced. “Think of how all of that will shift if this actually happens.”
His guest, Gerri Willis of the Fox Business Network, noted that PepsiCo put out a statement on Wednesday asserting their eagerness to begin trading with Cubans.
'You know the fear among anybody who’s ever been there or who cares at all about the Cuban people, as so many of us do,” Smith continued, “the last thing they need is a Taco Bell or a Lowe’s.'” [Source]
Don't forget Burger King and Wal- Mart.
Finally, please check out this video and tell me what you think.
This is what happens when a black police officer tries to arrest a white man who happens to have a higher rank in the police department than he does.
Oh ohhh.
Pic from tripdownmemorylane.blogspot.com

0 Comments