Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

"What a fool believes, he sees..."


I am sitting here watching the debates from a place called...ready for this? "The Field House". How appropriate, because field Negro, Ifill, was all that tonight. She certainly acted as if-- to use a sports metaphor--, she was in her house.


Mrs. Field's three year old niece is visiting from Louisiana; and honest to god she could do a better job than Sarah Palin is doing as I write this post, tonight. Sorry, I can't sugar coat this, I am going out of my way and straining to find positives for the beauty queen, but I can't.



The beauty queen told Joe Biden that he wanted to "raise the white flag" in Iraq, but I wanted to raise the white flag for her ass. Maybe it's the trial lawyer in me. But I look for certain things when people are public speaking that other people don't. And tonight, Sarah broke all the rules: She was rushed, nervous, and her lines were all too rehearsed. Biden cried when talking about losing his family for crying out loud, and she jumped right back on her talking points without missing a beat. Talk about robotic. If there is one independent who was on the fence who will vote for Sarah after this debate, please drop a comment here in the fields; we need to hear from you. And please post a picture of yourself, because I am curious to see what a Martian looks like.


I was watching the debate on CNN, and the cameras cut to a split screen of a GOP watch party. If you have ever been to the "Linc" when the Eagles are blowing a fourth quarter lead, you will get an idea of what those GOP faithfuls looked like. It was, in a word, sad. They looked like a home town crowd watching their team get their ass kicked. It was that bad.


Okay, mercifully for Sarah, it's over. I am going to listen to the pundits now.....



Okay, listened to the pundits, and they are all saying that Sarah pretty much held her own. Over at FAKE NEWS they are having to pass out the wet wipes for all the men on the set. (Multiple orgasms will do that to you). With the exception of one or two of the talking heads (thank goodness for Rachel Madow), folks are calling it a push or slight edge to Sarah. Wow! Now I know I am out of the main stream.


They can say what they want though, tomorrow I will start my two a days at the gym (That au natural Broad Street run looks like it's on come election night). Because I know that my eyes and ears aren't lying to me, even if the pundits are.







Post a Comment

0 Comments