
"Rather than engage in divisive ballot initiatives, we must have a dialogue and cooperation and mutual efforts together to provide every child in America to fulfill their expectations,"
That was Mr. Morton back in 1998 speaking out against an Arizona resolution to end affirmative action. Ahhh what a difference a decade makes. Today I read this little piece about the always salty one:
"..McCain, speaking on ABC's "This Week," said he backs a proposed ballot initiative in his home state of Arizona that would prohibit affirmative action policies by state and local governments."
Okay Mr. Morton, if you want to follow Ward Coonerly down that road, that's on you. But the flip flopping to get elected is troubling. I thought you said that the "O" man is the flip flopper? Don't tell me that you too will lie and parse words just to get elected. I guess you are no different than the "O" man then huh Senator? And to think I thought republicans were above such things.
But let's see how many people notice your latest pancake toss and comment on it. I bet not much, you talk about the press being in love with his "O" ness, but Senator, I gotta say; you get more passes thrown your way than a Vegas stripper.
Oh, and another thing: can you get a cohesive message and stick to it? All you did all week was attack and swipe at his "O" ness. You are starting to come off like a bitter and miserable old man. Well, you are a bitter and miserable old man, and senile to boot (yes that microphone is upside down in the picture that goes along with this post ), and you are making people start to notice that about you. Meanwhile, his "O" ness is back in all his sartorial splendor (Did you see that suit today?), trying to look presidential and saying all the right things.
"I am a strong supporter of affirmative action when properly structured so there it is not a quota, but it is acknowledging and taking into account some of the hardships and difficulties that communities of color may have experienced, continue to experience, and it also speaks to the value of diversity in all walks of American life,..."
Nice! Mr. Morton, you should be taking notes.

0 Comments