
On the eve of A-merry-ca's birthday I have a couple of things that I would like to get off my chest.
First, I want to talk about the lynching back in 1946 of Roger and Dorothy Malcolm, and George and Mae Murray. According to the AP, "on July 25, 1946, an angry white mob of as many of 30 people dragged the two couples from a car,tied them to trees, and fired three volleys of bullets at them, leaving their bodies slumped behind in the dirt. Dorothy Malcolm was seven months pregnant".
This happened about 45 miles east of Atlanta (the city that's now too busy to hate), and my man Hiroshima Harry Truman was so outraged that he sent the feds to investigate. Of course they got nothing, they were met with a "wall of silence" so they had to shut down their investigation. -- And people think black folks invented the "no snitch" code.--
But not to worry, justice might be served after all these years. Back in 1991 Clinton Adams came forward to say that as a ten year old boy he saw the lynchings unfold from some bushes he was hiding behind. I wonder what took him so long? Well the good Governor of Georgia reopened the case, and now, finally, the frat boy's Justice Department is following up. I say the good Governor of Georgia, because Georgia's governors apparently weren't always so good. Did I mention that the lynchings might have been sanctioned by Georgia's Governor at the time, Eugene Talmadge, to sway rural white voters during a tough election? (Don't even think about it "O" man....) Calm down Obamaholics, I kid.
So anyway, this story is important on the eve of our countries' birthday, because it does show how far we have come as a nation. And even though it was slow in coming, thanks to the tireless work of field Negroes like Bobby Howard, an effort is now on the way to bring some of the perpetrators from Ford Bridge to justice. Over sixty years late, but better late than never I guess. I bet some of those actors are still alive. One thing I learned about racist, is that they sure live a long time. I guess that's god's (if there is one) way of fucking with them. Keep em alive long enough to see black folks get away with shit that they could never have imagined.
So that story gave me some hope for A-merry-ca, even though it started out as such a horrible one.
But then I hear that the FBI and the same Justice Department I just praised, is considering investigating A-merry-cans without evidence, and it just killed my brief joy. Yep, they will be relying instead on terrorist profiles that could single out Muslims, Arabs, or other racial and ethnic groups; like coolie looking Jamaicans (My friend coolie dread from the rock is fucked). I kid you not. Do you believe this shit? "No evidence"! Think about that shit for a minute. Ahh field stop bitching, if you are a law abiding citizen and keeping your nose clean, you have nothing to worry about. I am a law abiding citizen, and I do keep my nose clean, but I happen to talk a lot of shit on my blog, and I wasn't really born here, and ..... well my wife was born in A-merry-ca does that help?
The FBI is launching what they call a "national security investigation".....and just what the fuck does that mean? Well apparently, again, according to the AP, law enforcement officials currently need specific reasons--such as evidence or allegations that a law has been violated--to investigate U.S. citizens and legal residents. Not anymore. The new policy would allow agents to open "preliminary terrorism investigations". ---Again, what the fuck does that mean?--- How do you get "preliminary" terrorism" information? Oh wait, never mind, I found out, all I had to do was read a little more. It seems that they will get this information by "mining public records and intelligence to build a profile of traits that, taken together, would be deemed suspicious." Oh, now I get it, traits. I like to drink sweetened condensed milk with my coffee --I get my cream and my sugar in--does that count as a terrorist trait? I like to go to my mail box in flip flops, is that a terrorist trait? I like...never mind, you get the picture.
Of course Department of Justice spokesman Brian Roehrkasse (With a name like that I bet he won't be a suspect) said that the guidelines governing when to open an investigation were part of a "harmonizing" process that will not give the FBI anymore authority than it already has. "Harmonizing"?
"Any review and change to the guidelines will reflect our traditional concerns for civil liberties and our traditional investigative emphasis on using the least intrusive means feasible". Yeah right.
Look, I will make a bet with you: How many of you want to bet that the first "suspected" terrorist is arrested before one of the folks who strung up those poor couples at Ford Bridge is ever caught? And if they are dead, even identified.
Any takers? The loser has to buy the winner a brand new lapel flag pin.

0 Comments