
I am quite sure that Gertrude Stein wasn't referring to Paris, Texas when she said those words.
There is plenty to see and do in Paris, France. The Ave Des Champs Elyses; The Louvre; a wine bar in the Entrants Rouge Market; the Le Marais District, I could go on and on. Paris, Texas, on the other hand, not so much. Unless you consider pick up truck, Negro dragging , something to do.
I know they have a Main Street, and apparently they have a farmer's market as well. (That's always nice) And, they have their very own civic center, named: (Get this) The Love Civic Center. Yep, I kid you not. THE LOVE CIVIC CENTER!
Maybe it's because they don't have much to do in Paris, Texas why black folks and white folks have been at each other's throats so much. Now, of course, this was before the beerfest and our teachable moment in A-merry-ca, so this post is probably obsolete. Right now as I type this post, some of those very folks who were screaming at each other across the side walk in the hot Texas heat, could be sipping ice tea and eating watermelon slices together while they watch Hee Haw reruns.
Just a couple of weeks ago the Panthers and the KKK were squaring off in the the republic of Texas in open defiance of the O man's post racial A-merry-ca. Thank god Skip Gates and Sgt. Crow[ley] came along. They were just in time to bring us all together.
Still, I can't only rip the people of Paris, Texas. Hell they have lots of things to do around here and in Boston and look how the racial harmony thing has been working out for us. Of course we didn't have any of our Negroes dragged to death like they did in Jasper and Paris, because that has not been designated a sport here yet. Not yet. We are still pretty much into our Eagles and Phillies, and I am sure the folks up in Boston love their Red Sox and Patriots as well. Of course, that could change. Maybe we just need folks up here to buy more pick up trucks.

0 Comments