Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

And lead us not into temptation...

*
It's Christmas party time, and the field and a few of his friends are getting their party on. (Props to Jody and the Camac Street crowd for another great party.)

So I am at this one party when I spot this sister who I have been knowing for a minute. Lady has more curves than a Jamaican country road, and she has the whole package: Dark and lovely, baby hair with the serious cut, the whole nine. (Hey just because I am on a diet doesn't mean I can't look at the menu. Right?) I see Ms. Thing every year at this one party and every year she looks better. Ms. thing is always playing the "Lone Ranger" role and this year is no different.

Hi field. "Hey what's up?" Mrs. Field let you out by yourself? "Yeah, how about that?" "Are you all still together?"" Yes we are." She is looking at my "LoJack" ( also known as a wedding ring) so I know she knows the deal. Field, why are all the good men taken? It's so tough out here for a sister. I am looking at her and I am wondering why she isn't taken. Unfortunately field, I think I am doomed to be single for a long time. "No, I don't think so", I tell her, "you will be hitched in no time. Just hang in there. " I don't know field, it hasn't happened yet, I am not getting any younger. Really? She could have fooled me.

Ms. Thing gives me a hug (down field) and we say our goodbyes. Back in my single days. (A looong looong time ago. Loooog before Mrs. Field.) I would have probably tried to holla at Ms. Thing, but those days are over. Now I can only wonder what it would have been like and wish girlfriend luck. I am sure she will be fine. Later on I spot her still working the room, and she is talking to some dude with damn near as much cash as Tiger. Dude is married as well, but he is all over Ms. Thing.

I am left to wonder if a lady like that really wants to get hitched, or if she is enjoying living this way: Turning heads and breaking hearts until she doesn't have it anymore. She says that all the good men are taken, but if they weren't would she want them? I am guessing not.

I am leaving the party to make another stop when Ms. Thing stops me: Field are you leaving already? "Yep, I have to make my rounds ". Girlfriend comes over and gives me a hug (down field) and tells me she will definitely call me to do lunch or something. I tell her that"it's all good" when I know damn good and well that it's not. Bye field, I hope Santa is good to you this year. One more hug; one more squeeze; that menu sure is looking good.
*Pic courtesy of Mamahenfolkart.com


Post a Comment

0 Comments