Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Anita speaks, and two days in Washington.

I can't wait to see the new Anita Hill documentary. It seems like only yesterday Justice Tom was crying about a "high tech lynching" and begging those senators sitting in judgment to just give him a chance.

I hope that Justice Tom realizes that if the country treated sexual harassment in 1991 like they do now, he would not have been be sitting in the highest court in the land.

I can hope, but I am sure that it's all lost on him. My man probably chooses to block it out because the thought of it no doubt makes him very uncomfortable.

"The documentary is told from Hill’s point of view. It does not tell Thomas’ version of events.

"Anita" will be released in theaters this fall. For updates on the film, visit www.facebook.com/anitahillmovie."

Good. I don't need to hear another thing Justice Tom has to say.

Speaking of high court, I heard from a well respected journalist down in D.C.   that Judge Reggie Walton is no doubt the man when it comes to the Fisa (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance) court.

Needless to say I was a bit disappointed. I met the good Judge a time or two, and I think he is good people.  I remember sitting with him in a bar (yes a bar) in D.C. after the Scooter Libby trial and telling him what a good job he did. I won't say what else we talked about, (it wasn't politics) but he is one of the last people on earth I would expect to preside over such a court. As you can tell, I am not a fan of this particular process. That said I am sure that down in Alabama Billy Bob's head is exploding knowing that a brotha is presiding over this very secretive powerful court in Washington.   

Speaking of Washington, I was down there with the MMTC folks and as usual they brought the goods. I was fortunate enough to host a round table interview with David Honig, the founder of MMTC (Shout out to the MMTC crew who as usual showed a brotha love.), and my man has a wealth of knowledge about civil rights, the telecommunications industry, and the various laws that affect minorities within the industry.

The beautiful thing about events like this is that you meet people from all over the country who are doing wonderful things as entrepreneurs and activists ,and it gives you hope for your community and your country.





Post a Comment

0 Comments