Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Another American tragedy.


I'm baaaack.


My man racism is on the loose again but tonight I am going to leave him alone. There is just too much going on within my community right now to even trip. There will be plenty of time to chase his ass later.

Tonight I want to blog about a very sad story from Motown. (No, not the Lions.) And I want to thank fellow field hand, Tokeya, for sending it to me.

Imagine, for a minute, that your name is Lazette Cherry, and you have reason to believe that your son molested his three year old half- sister. Do you now call the little girl's father and tell him of what might have transpired? I think most of us would probably say yes. Unfortunately that might have been the wrong answer. Because after telling the little girl's father of the alleged sexual assault, the enraged man beat and gun butted the boy (his own son) and shot him execution style on his front lawn.

Now Lazette is not only mourning the loss of her son but she is no doubt having to deal with the added guilt of knowing that she caused his death by telling his father of the alleged assault.

Without getting into too much detail, I will say that I represented a parent in a similar type of case in the past, and I vowed after that case that I would try my best never to do it again. These types of cases tear at you emotionally, and they are the hardest to put out of your mind.

"Jamar, 15, had confessed to her that he had inappropriate contact with his 3-year-old half-sister in his father's home on Newport on Detroit's east side.
"I called and told his father this isn't something you sweep under the rug," Cherry said Wednesday.

Jamar Pinkney Sr. showed up at Cherry's house in Highland Park on Monday afternoon with a gun, she said.

"He started beating him right here," Cherry said from her living room. "I said, 'No, please stop!' "But the father marched Jamar, a sophomore at King High School, outside.
“He got on his knees and begged, ‘No, Daddy! No!’ and he pulled the trigger,” Cherry said from her home on North Street in Highland Park. “There wasn’t nothing that my son wouldn’t do for his father. He loved his father so much.”
Jamar was shot once in the head."

As is always the case with these types of stories we want so much to find someone to blame. Should we blame Jamar the son? Should we blame Lazette? Or should we blame the father?

"Cherry said the 3-year-old's mother took the girl to a hospital to be examined Sunday. But she said her son claimed he didn't rape the little girl and kept his clothes on.
The exam showed no physical evidence of sexual trauma, Cherry said. Still, she added, he knew he was wrong."He told because he knew it wasn't right," she said."

I would love to hear what Ms. Cherry said to Jamar the father when she called him on the phone to tell him of the assault. I think that would help me to understand everything a little more and make more sense of yet another tragedy from urban A-merry-ca.


Post a Comment

0 Comments