Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Another great is gone, and some questionable candidates.

I would like to start this post tonight by saying rest in peace to the legendary Bobby Womack.


That man was soul personified and one of America's greatest artist.


In honor of him I think I will slip He'll Be There, and If You Think You're Lonely Now on my playlist tonight.


Anywhoo, in today's news, here is just one more reason why we should be careful who we vote for.


"A Republican candidate is contesting the results of a primary race he lost this week with a rather shocking and extremely out-there allegation: his opponent, incumbent congressman Frank Lucas, is dead, and the man he ran against is a lookalike.


This is what Tim Murray (who challenged Lucas last time as a Democrat and this time switched to the Republican side) actually says on his actual campaign website: “It is widely known Rep. Frank D. Lucas is no longer alive and has been displayed by a look alike. Rep. Lucas’ look alike was depicted as sentenced on a white stage in southern Ukraine on or about Jan. 11, 2011.”


Yes, he’s claiming that a Republican member of Congress went to Ukraine and was “depicted as being executed” on live TV, and obviously, after you die, you are “not eligible to serve as a Congressional Member after that time.”
When asked about this bonkers theory, Lucas simply said, “I’ve never been to Ukraine.”


Sure, that’s what the elites want us to think!" [Source]


What would we do without the tea party to offer us all comic relief?


But seriously, these political parties really have to do a better job of vetting their candidates.


 "..Jordan D. Haskins, the only Republican candidate running for Congress in Michigan’s 95th State House District.


Haskins, you see, has a checkered past: he’s a parolee with “stints in prison systems in two states,” according to the Saginaw News. While most of his felonies include larceny, auto theft, and breaking and entering, two of his charges — misdemeanor charges of unlawful use of a motor vehicle and malicious destruction of property — occurred when he broke into a state property, pulled spark plugs and wires out of police cars, and then…masturbated:
According to that incident report, Haskins again said that he damaged county vehicles by pulling spark plug wires to “masturbate while cranking the engine.” Deputies said he told them the act is a sexual fetish he learned about online. 
Haskins told The Saginaw News that he has difficulty explaining what drove him to again and again repeat that behavior.  
“I was in a messed-up state of mind mentally and emotionally when I did what I did,” he said. “That’s the only way I can even explain it.”
He also liked to masturbate in police cruisers and vehicles, in stolen trucks, and in a city mosquito control car. It is unclear whether he would masturbate on a boat, with a goat, here or there, or anywhere.


Looking back, Haskins said that he was in “a whole phase of my life where I was young and stupid,” and that he’d faced some problems at home. Now, however, he’s ready to clean up his messy past. “I feel that, yes, I’ve made mistakes in my past. But I’m working to correct those things and to try at least to put in my small part and help others in my community and try to make things right. I hope the citizens of the city and the 95th District will give me that chance.”


The state’s Republican Party has neither condemned nor offered their endorsement of the candidate." [Source]


Young Mr. Haskins can be encouraged by the fact that a car thief is actually a very powerful man in Washington these days. I guess it's not where you start as much as where you finish.


Good luck Jordan, just remember to report to your parole officer.


 





















Post a Comment

0 Comments