
For those of you wingnuts who claim that I never rip people on the left, hold on, I am about to surprise you.
My friends and I have an expression, we call it "big time[ing] " We use it to describe what one person (usually someone with more power or fame than the person they are talking to or in the presence of) does to someone they consider beneath them, or who is not worthy of their very important time. As in; Donovan McNabb "big timed" me when I saw him at the Mayor's reception. To "big time" a person is not cool. I don't care if you are Oprah, Barack, or Bill Gates. You just don't do that shit. No matter how important you think you are, you are never too important to show mutual respect to a fellow human being. And the titles you earn don't mean shit, they are just titles, they don't say anything about you or your character. House Negroes love to try and "big time" people, because, well, they are in the house. But us field Negroes usually laugh at them, because we know better.
Which leaves me to the person that got me pissed off enough to do an entire post, Barbara Boxer. (D-Ca)
Seems Ms. Thing "big timed" a Brigadier General today while conducting a senate committee hearing. All the the poor man was doing was sticking to the military protocol guide and addressing Boxer as ma'am. Bad move. Because Boxer went all Eric Cartman from South Park on him.
"'Could you say 'senator' instead of 'ma'am? It's just a thing. I worked so hard to get that title. I'd appreciate it."The General's response? "Yes, Senator." '
Are you kidding me? "Worked so hard"? And who the hell didn't work hard to achieve anything in these divided sates of A-merry-ca? But I will tell you what the "thing" is: it's called your ego and your fucking sense of entitlement. The man is a Brigadier general for crying out loud, he should be "big timing"your sorry ass. And yes, I know it's the lowest rank of all the generals, but he still rates above a senator in the field's pecking order.
Come on Bar...I mean senator, get a grip, it's not that serious. Everyone knows that you are a U.S. senator, and that you chair the damn committee. You don't have to dress down a man who served his country, and who was only trying to be respectful to you. Stuff like that only gives the wingnuts red meat for their fire. Besides, wingnuts or no wingnuts, it's just not cool.

0 Comments