"Republican presidential candidate John Kasich took up the cry of a movement drawing attention to the deaths of young black men at the hands of the police, saying in a CNN interview that “black lives matter.”
CNN’s Dana Bash began by listing some of the Democratic candidates’ forays into the Black Lives Matter movement. “Hillary Clinton met here in New Hampshire yesterday with some Black Lives Matter protesters. I don’t know if you saw, Bernie Sanders had a disruption at one of his events because of protesters.”
“Martin O’Malley apologized for saying ‘all lives matter.’ Do you think that it’s appropriate to apologize for that?” she said the Ohio Governor. “What’s your view on all this?”
“I’ve been very involved in Ohio,” Kasich said. “We have a collaborative effort with community leaders, African-Americans, law enforcement, and they came up with 23 recommendations.”
“Should a public official apologize for saying all lives matter?” she repeated.
“I don’t know about that issue…” he responded. “And all lives do matter. Black lives matter, especially now, because there’s a fear in these communities that, you know, justice isn’t working for them.”
“But it’s about balance,” he added. “I’m not going to get myself caught in some sort of a wedge. The community has to understand the challenges of police, and the police have to understand the challenges of the community.”
If I didn't know better I would say that the poor guy doesn't want to win the republican primary. I mean how can he expect to win with statements like the one that he made above?
Mr. Kasich, you can move to the head of the republican class for now. (Is it me, or does he always look like he had a little too much to drink?) It's a shame that you are so far down in the polls, because you seem like you are actually willing to step back for a minute, view the landscape, and not demagogue every issue just to grab headlines.
Anyway, I bet your supporters aren't taunting the Black Lives Matter protesters.
"Wednesday night, Black Lives Matter protesters made good on their promise to keep the heat on presidential candidates, turning their sights on Jeb Bush (R). At a rally in North Las Vegas, Nevada, protesters called on Bush to speak out about racial injustice. At the end of the event, the protesters chanted “black lives matter,” which was quickly met with “white lives matter” and “all lives matter” chants.
Black Lives Matter advocates asked the presidential hopeful how he personally connects to matters of race in justice, after he said, “we have serious problems and these problems have gotten worse in the last few years. Communities, people no longer trust the basic institutions in our society that they need to trust to create, to make things work.” [Source]
Jeb's people are just mad because folks can't stay awake long enough when they try listening to him to actually hear what he has to say. Dude is getting his clock cleaned by the likes of Donald Trump and Ben Carson for crying out loud! If I supported this guy I would be pretty angry as well.
Did you happen to see his foreign policy proposal? Yes it's bad. But what else did you expect? The guy's name is, after all, Bush.

0 Comments