Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Calling for a Racist Amnesty Day, and a little understadning for Rachel.

There are a couple of stories out there that have me pondering issues of race here in America.

Image result for bennett elementary teacher fitzgibbons imagesThe first one has to do with this school teacher in Texas who went on a racist rant on her facebook page and got fired because of it.

Honestly, when I first heard this story I wasn't as upset about her ignorant screed as I was her apology after she found out she might be getting a pink slip.

Like what is it with racists when they are caught being.... well a racist? You said what you said, now own it.

What this country needs is a Racist Amnesty Day. Kind of like those Purge movies. Just for one day the racists among us can post all the vile disgusting things they want about black people and there will be no consequence.

Clearly there are a lot of things that racists want to get off their chests, and I am afraid that our PC culture is stifling there ability to let go with their racial outbursts. (Isn't that right Mr. Seinfeld?)

Oh yeah, the rant:

"This makes me ANGRY! This officer should not have to resign,” wrote Karen Fitzgibbons, formerly a fourth-grade teacher at Bennett Elementary School in McKinney, on her Facebook page on Tuesday, according to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. The page has since been deleted.
“I guess that’s what happens when you flunk out of school and have no education. I’m sure their parents are just as guilty for not knowing what their kids were doing; or knew it and didn’t care,” she continued. “I’m almost to the point of wanting them all segregated on one side of town so they can hurt each other and leave the innocent people alone.”
 
Fitzgibbons, who had worked for the school district for 16 years, according to the Avalanche-Journal, ended her post with this sentence: “Now, let the bashing of my true and honest opinion begin…GO!” She got her wish. The post went viral, and outraged readers called for the school district to fire her."
 
See, now if we had a Racist Amnesty Day she could have waited until then to post her rant and the school district could not have done a darn thing about it. 
 
But alas, there is no such day, and so....
 
“I let my emotions get the best of me, and instead of taking a deep breath, vented in an inappropriate way,” she wrote. “I am truly sorry. I don’t want my comments to reflect poorly on my district or campus, as the words came from me, not them. …
 
“I am ashamed of my post. As I look back and reflect, I see how hurtful those words sounded. It is my hope that my sincere apology will be accepted,” [Source]
 
Translated: I have bills to pay, please don't fire me for saying publicly what all of you see in the privacy of your own homes.
 
The other story is about this NAACP president in Washington who has claimed the black card.
 
Talk about twists and turns.
 
Image result for images rachel dolezalUsually it's some of us Negroes who are trying to pass ourselves off as white. And let's be honest, some of us have done a pretty good job of it. (Not you Justice Thomas. We know that your ass is black. But nice try.) Read up on some of those Negroes down in Louisiana who have the whole passe blanc  thing down when you get a chance.
 
Anyway, back to this sister....I mean eh... white woman, passing herself off as a sister. Seems she always wanted to be down with brown. Girlfriend even got a scholarship to Howard and now teaches African American studies  at a local college. She married a black man and even declared on facebook that her daddy is black.
 
But not so fast, her real parents have thrown a monkey wrench into her plans.  
 
"Rachel has wanted to be somebody she’s not,” Ruthanne Dolezal told KREM. “She’s chosen not to just be herself but to represent herself as an African-American woman or a biracial person. And that’s simply not true.”
 
Her parents said Rachel Dolezal has primarily German and Czech heritage."

Image result for images rachel dolezalOh lord!

Maybe she just didn't like the name Dolezal and figured if she went black she could change it to something simple, like Johnson. I mean there is Jungle Fever and there is Jungle full blown flu. Girlfriend has it.

But seriously, apparently the NAACP is standing behind her, because she has done a good job as the president of the chapter out there, and they claim that she is a real asset to that community.

I say good for them. No one said that the president of the NAACP has to be black, and there are certainly members of that organization all over the country who are white. If they feel that she is doing a good job they should stand behind her.

I do have some issues with her, though. Like her taking the scholarship to Howard, and her possibly lying about racists threats made towards her.

Other than that, I say no harm no foul from where I sit. Sure her parents are disappointed, and there are white folks all over the country wondering why someone would give up their white privilege and go to the dark side. I say get over it.

We live in a world now where it's cool to switch gender, so why not our race?

As long as she can pass all the necessary requirements and the Drop Squad determines that she is not a spy, we will take her.  

    

 
 
 
 
 







Post a Comment

0 Comments