Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Choosing the Constitution when it's convenient, and the heartless tea party people.

Have you ever wondered why some of the same people who are upset about the NSA spy program and how it potentially violates our constitutional rights  are mum about the "stop-and- frisk" program in New York? I mean you can't have it both ways. Either you are for adhering to the constitution or you are not.

If you are not comfortable giving up some of your freedoms to keep you safe from al- Qaeda, then why are you cool with giving up some of your constitutional rights to protect you from a few street thugs? That was a rhetorical question. I know why.

Anyway, given Ray Kelly's position on "stop-and- frisk" I would be very disappointed if president Obama picks him as the next head of the Department of Homeland Security.

“I’ve spent some time in Washington. I know it’s wise to keep my mouth shut at this time,” Kelly told CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

And the president would be wise to look elsewhere. Given his administration's record on privacy of late, picking Kelly would be like picking a priest to head the Boy Scouts. It might work out in the long run, but there is that whole perception thing.

Finally, there is a reason I don't like those tea party folks, and it's not just because most of them are a bunch of unapologetic racists and that they are destroying the country. 

The following story should give you a similar feeling about these folks.

"During a town hall meeting in Murfreesboro, TN, tea party Congressman Scott Desjarlais told the daughter of an undocumented immigrant looking for advice on keeping her father in the country that he would have to be deported.

Mr. DesJarlais, I have papers, but I have a dad who’s undocumented,” eleven year old Josie Molina asked the congressman. “What can I do to have him stay with me?”

“'Thank you for being here, and thank you for coming forward and speaking,' DesJarlais answered. 'This is a big, intimidating crowd, and I appreciate you coming forward and asking a question. But the answer still kind of remains the same. We have laws, and we need to follow those laws, and that’s where we're at.' The crowd cheered Desjarlais's response." [Source]

That's right, I despise them because they are just a heartless group of people.




 





    



Post a Comment

0 Comments