Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Christmas spirit.


As I sit here stuffing my face and looking at a tree loaded with presents underneath it; I can't help but think of how lucky I am. Here I am on the eve of the most most popular holiday in A-merry-ca, and I am not cold, hungry, or broke. Sadly, I can't say the same for a lot of people in this country. People who are going through all sorts of financial anxieties, or who have been hit with one family crisis or another.


Of course happiness can be such a relative thing. You can point out the fact that there are folks in some countries who would give their right arms to be living in A-merry-ca right now. To them, Christmas is a day that is even more depressing because of what they cannot provide or obtain. To them, there is nothing merry about the merriest day in A-merry-ca.


But this is not a bash A-merry-ca post. Some A-merry-cans can be wonderfully benevolent people. (Some) A-merry-cans have given their time and money to many worthy charities in this country and the world. Charities like this one. And many A-merry-cans are decent caring people who really do understand the true spirit of Christmas. That is the A-merry-ca that I am happy to live in, and these are the A-merry-cans who I am proud to call my neighbors.


Season's greetings everyone, and may Rudolph find your house tonight.


Post a Comment

0 Comments