Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

CNN's bad call.


It's 9:05 pm and I am blogging and not watching the National Championship game. That ought to tell you what I think of Duke and Butler in the finals. I am, in a word, underwhelmed.

So anyway, I hope CNN learned their lesson. Signing up Eric Erickson from RedState.com has proven to be embarrassing for them already.

"CNN's new contributor Eric Erickson claims to be toning down his incendiary rhetoric now that he's more in the spotlight. But on the radio last week, Erickson said he would "pull out [his] wife's shotgun" if a census worker came to try to jail him for not filling out his census form. "This is crazy," Erickson said last week on WMAC's In the Morning with Erick Erickson of the census. "What gives the Commerce Department the right to ask me how often I flush my toilet? Or about going to work? I'm not filling out this form. I dare them to try and come throw me in jail. I dare them to. Pull out my wife's shotgun and see how that little ACS twerp likes being scared at the door. They're not going on my property. They can't do that. They don't have the legal right, and yet they're trying."

Way to go there Eric. Threaten to shoot some poor schmuck who is just doing his job because you want to impress your wingnut friends. Nothing like talk of pulling out the old shotgun to fire up the wingnuts. I guess it's that second amendment thing.

"Erickson would later write that his comment was "misconstrued."
"ACS Surveyors are getting belligerent and have showed up on people's doorsteps to harass them and threaten jail," he
wrote on RedState.com"

Eric, you are lying! Produce one person who is ready and willing to say that one of the census workers showed up on their doorstep and harassed them and threatened to take them off to jail. If that did in fact happen, I will be the first person to say that the worker who did that should be fired, forthwith. If it didn't happen, or worse, if you really don't even think that it happened; CNN should have fired your ass yesterday.

Finally, go over to my friend's over at We Are Respectable Negroes and confess your sins. (The Church of James Brown is in session.) Some of you black folks need to go. You have been slipping lately.

I think Chauncey DeVega is an elder in his church and he had a vision:

"Go to the people and spread my word Brother Chauncey. It is not only during February that my church must exist, that negroes everywhere must be free to confess their secret shames and sins of black authenticity at all times. Once more, this is the time I have selected, this first week of April. For we have so much to share since Brother Obama has been elected. Present my word and spread it for now it is time to come together in community!"

I am not an "elder" in the church like my man Chauncey, but to show that I am not above humbling myself, I too have a couple of confessions to make:

I, Field Negro, do not like summer time cookouts in public parks. And when I see Negroes coming to the movies on CP time I lose my f&*^%*g mind. Forgive me Saint James for I have sinned!

Post a Comment

0 Comments