
My man Francis Holland has this theory about racism. He doesn't think it exists. He thinks racism is the wrong word to use when describing one races dislike for the other. Francis thinks it's a false term as we are all a part of the same race (humans), therefore we cannot be racist towards one of our own. Francis, instead, calls the phenomenon Extreme Color Arousal Disorder, or ECAD. Now I must admit that when I first read this theory by Francis I thought he was nuts. But now.....I am not so sure. I think Francis might be on to something. People do tend to do irrational things and act against their own best interests when they are color aroused.
Take the latest Wapo poll which finds that three in ten A-merry-cans still have some issues with race. Now three out of ten might not be a bad average if you are a baseball player. A life time 300 bating average can get you into the hall of fame. But here in the land of the [not]so free and the home of the [some are] brave that number just doesn't seem so right now does it. After all, this is A-merry-ca. Aren't we above those silly racial distinctions? Isn't this where we expect to be able to live a life where we can be judged by the content of our character?
Of course this poll is all centered around the "O" man and his historic run for the highest office in the land. All the pollsters want to know what's really on the minds of A-merry-cans when it comes to the "O" mans's complexion. Is
there really ECA when it comes to the "O" man? Let me answer that for you: yes. And I suspect that the real number is more like five out of ten A-merry-cans are a little uncomfortable with the "O" man's race. They say he is "risky", he is unproven, he is still unknown......let's keep it real. The real problem is that he is black. (At least to them) Hell who knew Ronald Reagan, or Jimmy Carter, or JFK for that matter, before they all came on the National scene? Of course we didn't really know them, but we knew they were white, and that was quite comforting to us now wasn't it?
But that Obama fellow, not only doesn't he look like us he has a funny Muslim name. Now if that doesn't make him a "risky" ass pick I don't know what does. But is he riskier than Mr. Morton?
What did Francis say about acting against your interest if you are color aroused again? Hmmmm, I think I see some of that here.Now I have been saying all along that there is no way in that little place the devil calls home that A-merry-cans will select the "O" man as their leader. And this poll gives ammunition to my position. We all know that when it comes to race people taking the polls try to be PC with the pollsters, and they ultimately end up lying about how they really feel. I suspect that happened here as well.
Now Mr. Morton and his crew are doing everything in their powers to be on the losing side of history. To stay with my baseball analogy, they want to be the pitcher that serves up number 763. How else do you explain all the fucking up they have been doing lately? And not to mention all the goofy ass ideas that Mr. Morton has been trotting out there. Is he even Okay? What is that shit on top of his head? Everyone has been worrying about the "O" man surviving this election season for obvious reasons. But we need to start worrying about Mr. Morton's ass.
I have to confess, I get extreme color aroused sometimes. When I see the color brown it reminds me of all the bullshit that I have had to endure for the past eight years. I keep telling myself that the frat boy nightmare is almost over, and the country will be back to normal again. But given the two choices how can we go back to normal? If the "O" man wins ECA will rule the day. And if Mr. Morton wins.....well, just make sure your wills are in order.

0 Comments