Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Different Jokes for different folks.

Chelsea Handler was all over twitter on behalf of the Huffington Post making fun of black folks during the Oscars.


Of course I didn't find her tweets amusing, but I am sure that her fans did.


Now, the thing is, black folks are offended and rightfully so. (Mandela jokes?! You done lost your mind.)But let's not kid ourselves, Handler had every right to crack her jokes to her audience and she had a license to do so from the Huffington Post.


Now she says she is sorry, but we all know the deal, this is how she feels about certain subjects, and she let it be known by way of her acerbic and biting tweets. But she is now also playing the hottest new game in America: How to say I am sorry in a sound bite or in a quickly drafted letter from a publicist. 


To be perfectly honest, I might have seen her show maybe once when I just stumbled on it one late night, and until this incident I had forgotten that she even existed. Honestly, if I were to run into her out on the street I wouldn't know who she is. So, to me, it's not like some A-List star or television personality was on twitter blasting my people. We probably should just ignore Ms. Handler and she will go away. Hopefully.

"In a statement to theGrio, Perri Dorset, Huffington Post Senior Executive Director for Communications said, “the views [expressed by Handler] are not ours.”


“The Huffington Post occasionally has celebrities take over our Twitter handle including  Bill Maher during the State of the Union,” she added.


Handler ended her Huffington Post Twitter takeover with a simple “I’m sorry.” However today many are saying her apology was too little, too late."


I'm not. In fact, nd apology was not really needed. We understand where Ms. Handler was coming from. And, sadly, so does her fans.


Speaking of the Oscars, apparently Rush Limbaugh things that the only reason 12 Years A Slave won best picture is because of the word "Slave" in the title.


"Rush Limbaugh has not seen 12 Years a Slave, but he opined anyway on Monday that the only reason it won Best Picture at the Oscars was because it had the “magic word” of “slave” in the title. Limbaugh mocked the “self-satisfaction” of the awards ceremony and said that unlike at past Oscars, there wasn’t any “demonstrable political preaching” from anyone.


But what Limbaugh did pick up on was Ellen DeGeneresjoke that either 12 Years a Slave would win the big prize or everyone’s a racist. And Limbaugh believed that to be more true than anyone realized.
“If it was the only thing that movie won, it was gonna win best picture. There was no way. It didn’t matter if it was good or bad. I haven’t seen it. It was going to win. It had the magic word in the title. Slave.”
Notice he has never seen the movie, so he can't tell if it's actually a well made movie or not. But he does know that the movie won because of reverse racism and white guilt.


Funny how that works with conservatives. Like the fact that they are all fawning over Matthew McConaughey because he said the word God in his acceptance speech.


And why is this so special? Athletes (especially black ones)praise and thank God after damn near every game, and yes, even big ones with large Oscar size audiences. So why isn't that a big deal to conservatives? Oh that's right....

Post a Comment

0 Comments