"Last night, Donald Trump used his prolific Twitter account to make this assessment of President Barack Obama’s mental health in light of the country’s Ebola panic:
✔ @realDonaldTrump Follow
I am starting to think that there is something seriously wrong with President Obama's mental health. Why won't he stop the flights. Psycho!
When NewsMax’s Steve Malzberg confronted Trump with those words during an interview Thursday, the mogul made no attempts to back away from his statement. Calling him someone who “chooses his words carefully,” Malzberg said he was “struck” by Trump’s description of the president as a “psycho.”
RELATED: Donald Trump Wants Obama to Get Ebola (or Something)
“There’s something wrong, and nobody knows what it is, but there’s something wrong.” Trump told Malzberg. “Can anybody be that incompetent?” he asked of Obama’s handling of the Ebola issue.
“There’s something wrong,” Trump repeated again. “There’s something going on. Every decision that this country is wrong. Everything’s wrong! Everything is going wrong for the United States.”
To sum up, Donald Trump thinks something is “wrong” but he doesn’t know what it is."
Here is a guy who owns casinos and declared bankruptcy more times than I care to count and he says the guy at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is doing something wrong.
But hey, he says he doesn't know what it is. Maybe it's just the guy running the country. I wonder what it is about this particular guy? Hmmm.
But enough about the Trumpster.
J
I am disappointed with Stewart, but I don't know why I expected better from him. He is, after all, an entertainer, and at the end of the day it's all about the money.
I don't think Stewart understands the concept of "white privilege" anymore than O'Reilly does, but for purposes of their silly showdown he took the contrary position.
I have to agree with Joan Walsh's take on it.
"At this point the whole thing feels like brand-enhancing shtick for both men. “I want you to admit that there is such a thing as white privilege,” Stewart opened, proving that he knows there’s no hope of a genuine debate or even conversation. “I just want you to say I’ve been terribly wrong about this.”
O’Reilly demands that Stewart admit there’s “Asian privilege,” his new secret weapon in the war on the war on racism. As long as O’Reilly can show that “Asians” are doing better than white Americans — of course that’s only certain subgroups of Asians, for complicated reasons — he can prove that white Americans are blame-proof for the struggles of black Americans.
Anyway, are they really struggling? Not in O’Reilly’s world. “Maybe you haven’t figured out that there’s no more slavery, no more Jim Crow, the most powerful man in the world is a black American, and the most powerful woman in the world, Oprah Winfrey, is black.”
The truth is, if you want to understand white privilege, there is plenty of evidence to examine to prove that it exists. It’s easy. You stand in the shadow of 400 years of monstrous, inventive cruelty, and you shudder, and then you get to work for change. But if you want to deny it, there is plenty of “evidence” for that argument too, mainly “Asians” and Oprah and Obama and let’s throw in Condoleezza Rice. We’re not going to convince O’Reilly and his demographic. We have to out-organize, out-vote and out-live them.
That’s why these two men’s showdowns are getting tedious to me. It helps Stewart’s brand, it help’s O’Reilly’s brand. Stewart proves he’s superior, O’Reilly proves he’s an embattled warrior for the truth. Two white men, making their money, and everybody goes home happy. The Daily Show host even admitted at the end of the show that “it’s F-ing fun!”
I love Jon Stewart, but I have to say; it’s hard not to wonder if the guy who told the “Crossfire” debaters they were “hurting America” a decade ago might say the same about the two guys yammering last night." [Source]
Amen Ms. Walsh. Amen.

0 Comments