
I should have known something was up when Mrs. Field asked me to go to the movies, Sunday.
I was totally played so that she could go and see, as she calls him, her "chocolate bunny", Idris Elba, get all jammed up with Missy. My man had some serious Michael Douglas moments, and I felt his pain.
Now for all of you brothers reading this (and I am sorry my white male friends, but I can only speak to the brothers, because sisters are my only frame of reference) this is a public service announcement from the field: Do not take your wife, girlfriend, or significant other to see Obsessed. Just don't. The shit is not worth it. (Do you remember what we all had to go thorough after "Fatal Attraction"? Same here, but worse for you brothers, because of the added element of, well, Missy. It's kind of like "Jungle Fever" meets "Fatal Attraction" if you get my drift. Cherry Hill's own Ali Larder* does her best Glenn Close imitation and girlfriend is kind of scary.) If your significant other insists on going like Mrs. Field because of her Elba jones or whatever, tell her to go with her girls.
Mrs. Field, of course, was mad throughout the entire flick. I tried to snuggle and make nice, only to be pushed away. I couldn't figure out if it was because of her "chocolate bunny" taking up the screen or if she was pissed with how the movie was going down. I got the impression it was the latter.
Anyway, here is a question for you brothers: and I want to ask it without giving away the movie for any of you who might be dumb enough to go and see it. The question is this: If something (anything) happened to you that involved another woman, but you didn't cheat on your significant other, and your significant other asks you an innocent question about what happened; what would you tell her? I know what I would tell her, but I want to see if I am in the majority or in the minority on this one. So please help a brotha out and tell me what you would say.
On our way home Mrs. Field was still in her Idris Elba trance. She was talking to herself as if she was the only one in the car: "Yeah that white girl needed to stay out of black folks business. But you know what? I can't blame girlfriend. No I can't. Girrrrrrl that bunny was too fine. All I need is just a little time with that brotha. "
Women!
*Thanks for the correction, Maryscott.

0 Comments