
"The rich will do anything for the poor but get off their backs." ~Marx~
I swear republicans get more outrageouser ( I know that's not a word, I just made it up) every day. I didn't think that anyone could top Trent Franks -implying that us Negroes were better off during those long hot days of slavery- but I think that the number two senate republican, Jon Kyl of Arizona, might have done just that.
"Unemployment insurance "doesn't create new jobs. In fact, if anything, continuing to pay people unemployment compensation is a disincentive for them to seek new work," Kyl said during debate over whether unemployment insurance and other benefits that expired amid GOP objections Sunday should be extended.
I'm sure most of them would like work and probably have tried to seek it, but you can't argue that it's a job enhancer. If anything, as I said, it's a disincentive. And the same thing with the COBRA extension and the other extensions here," said Kyl."
Nice Mr. Republican, that will endear you to the A-merry-can people. And people wonder why I fear for this country. Why shouldn't I? Especially when clowns like Jon Kyl can be elected by the people from the" land of the sun" to represent them.
"A disincentive"? Hey asshole, how about it helps to pay their damn bills and keep food on the table so that they can feed their families? Does this asshole really think that people don't want to work? And does he really think that the amount of unemployment benefits is enough to keep them sitting at home and not trying to find a job? Don't answer that; it was a rhetorical question. Of course he does.
I used to joke that republicans would be for slavery because there was zero unemployment for blacks during that time. Now, in retrospect, I don't think that joke is so funny.

0 Comments