Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Guns don't kill people: husbands and family members with guns do.

*
I really wish racism would leave me alone. Here I am trying to enjoy a quiet evening, and here comes the son of a bitch trying to get me to chase him again. But I won't bite. Although, I must admit, that it's pretty tempting to put on the old track shoes. Police handing out KKK cards? WTF! See, this is why I don't shop at Wal-Mart.

But I am going to leave Kennett, Missouri alone. (For now) Because tonight I want to blog about the culture of guns here in A-merry-ca, again. I know I told someone in the comments section yesterday that I was going to leave it alone, but I can't. This story is too compelling.

And before I get to the actual story let me me give you this little gem: Last night there were two (yes I said two) murder suicides in our fair city. One victim was a 90 year old and the other was a victim of domestic violence. I suspect, that in both cases, a lawfully owned firearm was used. One of the tragedies of guns in this country is that over 23,000 people die each year from accidental shootings. I bet the gun lovers and NRA types would never peddle those facts like they do the other crap that they like to try to sell to the A-merry-can public. (Guns don't kill people, people kill people...blah blah blah). The fact is that guns don't really protect you from criminals like the NRA folks would like you to believe, and if you happen to own a hand gun you are more than four times likely to be killed by one. (Kind of like the poor souls in Killadelphia last night.) BTW, this study comes from the University of Pennsylvania; that "fly by night" diploma mill whose claim to fame is that they were one of the first four colleges in A-merry-ca.
So now to the real story: Some of you might -or might not remember Maleanie Hain. She is the soccer mom who liked to pack heat while attending her kids soccer games. She became a celebrity among the NRA folks and gun lovers here in A-merry-ca, and they defended her with her law suit in her fight to be able to bear arms at her five year old child's soccer games. Well they can withdraw the suit now, because Meleanie Hain is dead. She was shot by her husband in the kitchen of their Lebanon home while her trusty pistol sat in her backpack.

"Meleanie Hain always carried her holstered 9mm Glock pistol, even to the grocery store, and was holding a rifle while she talked to someone outside her house last week..."

Sorry Meleanie, It always happens when you least expect it. I sure hope that the NRA folks send her some nice flowers.
Pic courtesy of MSNBC.

Post a Comment

0 Comments