Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Hide your hijabs


Must be tough to be a Muslim in A-merry-ca these days. I mean there is no love for you worshipers of allah in this, the land of jesus. Heck, even the "O" man's crew believes in doing a little bit of product placement when it comes to you folks. Can't have A-merry-cans thinking the "O" man is a Muslim (Even thought a whopping 10% already do). He would never get elected.


And then I read about some asshole from Western Pistolvania who voted against recognizing a Muslim group's convention in Harrisburg this weekend. It seems this fucking moron, Daryl Metcalfe, a republican (what else) from Butler County, would not recognize the Muslim group because they do not recognize jesus christ. "The Muslims do not recognize Jesus Christ as God and I will be voting negative." He said this on the House floor in Harrisburg. Folks, this is a man who was elected to public office, and whose job it is to pass laws in our great state. Can you imagine if god forbid, or allah forbid, we had more clowns like him representing us? Theocracy would rule the day. The United Christian States of America. Field, don't forget to pay your church taxes...


How do you vote against a formal recognition or a simple resolution honoring someone? You are not passing any laws, you are not spending any of the tax payer's money. You are simply showing some common courtesy and decency by recognizing the U.S. Chapter of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community. But I guess it's still too close to 911. We just can't get that image of those Muslims who attacked us out of our heads. I know the feeling. I feel the same way when I see a young white man with a military hair cut. I just keep thinking of Oklahoma City and those poor folks in the federal building....give me a fucking break!


Thank goodness for representatives like Babette Joseph, who happens to be Jewish, and who said she would seek to have Mr. Metcalfe's remarks stricken from the official record. But sorry Babette, no matter how hard you try, you just can't cover up bigotry and ignorance. Mr. Metcalfe is still one of your colleagues, and I suspect that he is going to be your colleague for awhile.




Post a Comment

0 Comments