
I got an e-mail from a friend of mine from D.C. today. The guy has never been politically active, but he was asking me to join him on the Obama team, and sign up as a volunteer with the campaign. I still haven't responded to fam, and I probably won't until after the 2008 elections.
Sorry, but with all due respect to Oprah, I am just not feeling Obama. Lord knows I have tried, and given the choice of candidates, I really wanted to support the guy. But....I have to keep it real with you, I just can't get up for him. It's kind of analogous to this: You have a really hot cousin, and you could really get with her on a physical tip. But one day you are both alone, and just when the sparks start to fly, you remember that she is your cousin, and... well, "Mr. Johnson" won't stand at attention if you get my drift. Obama is that hot cousin; nice to look at and says and seemingly does all the right things, but.....I just feel like "weeping for brunhilde,"who says she gets the practical pragmatic Obama, but not the passionate idealistic one. That's me right now, the brother is just not moving me, he is not making my Johnson stand up.
Maybe it's because I know in my heart that he can never win. Maybe if he really had a shot I would be more passionate about him, but you and I both know that he can't win, and that's why that part of my brain keeps saying don't waste your time with this guy. Not in 2008. Maybe in 2024, but not 2008, America just ain't ready for such a historic event yet. A woman Prez is a bit more acceptable now. "But field you are such a flip flopper, weren't you on board with Obama at one point?" Yep, and right about now I am jumping right off the good ship"O". Hey, I could change my mind three or four more times before I actually cast my vote, so don't trip.
I think at the end of the day, I might just end up supporting the ice Queen. After all, what's that saying, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend?" Lord knows my enemies hate Hillary. Hell that's reason enough to vote for her from where I sit. I would do it just to piss off all those whacked out Hillary and Bill haters out there. Four more years of another Clinton. Yep, I can live with that. After eight years of the frat boy, I can damn near live with anything.

0 Comments