Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Is Bubba really sorry?

Image result for black judge bubba mississippi image I am so sick and tired of the sorry I got caught saying what I really believe apologies.

With all due respect to Elton John, sorry is not the hardest word to say.

I mean seriously, does anyone believe that  Bubba Carpenter, an elected republican in Mississippi, while speaking among "friends",  did not mean to say exactly what he said?
 
Poor Bubba was just too dumb to realize that there are cameras and microhpones everywhere these days.
 
Oh wait, I am getting ahead of myself. Here is what he said:
 
"JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A white Mississippi lawmaker apologized Monday for saying at a local Republican meeting that "a black judge" would decide how to spend money on public schools if state voters approve an education funding initiative.
Rep. Lester "Bubba" Carpenter, who lives in the northern Mississippi town of Burnsville, issued his apology hours after a cameraman posted a video online of a speech Carpenter made at a Tishomingo County Republican meeting.

Mississippi's Nov. 3 statewide ballot includes Initiative 42, which would allow people to sue if the state fails to provide "an adequate and efficient system of free public schools."

"If 42 passes in its form, a judge in Hinds County, Mississippi — predominantly black, it's going to be a black judge — they're going to tell us where the state education money goes," Carpenter said in the speech Saturday.

The speech was posted online Sunday by a cameraman for Ivy Broadcasting, which runs WRMG, a radio station and a local-access cable TV station in northern Mississippi and Alabama.

Carpenter said in a written statement Monday: 'I am deeply sorry for the comments I recently made. They were inappropriate, and I was completely out of line. There is no excuse for what I said. Please forgive me."' [Source]

Bubba, there is an "excuse" for what you said: You MEANT it!

I think it's time for a moratorium on apologies for racist statements. And I am sure that Hulk, Amy, Giuliana, Jamie, Fuzzy, and all the rest of the people who were caught saying publicly what they usually keep among friends would probably agree with me.  

"Daniel HandlerVerified account @DanielHandler Nov 21
My remarks on Wednesday night at were monstrously inappropriate and yes, racist. -DH [1/4]"
 
*Pic from wapt.com
 
 
 
     
     
     
     

    Post a Comment

    0 Comments