
Today was just another day here in A-merry-ca. Or was it? I mean the iPad is here. (Color me not impressed, I still like to turn the pages when I read.) Our first black prez decided to go all Sista Souljah on environmentalist and drill for black gold. And, Catholics all across A-merry-ca are having a crisis of faith for obvious reasons. (Well, most Catholics. The ones with a conscience. The other ones....not so much. )
Anywhooo, tonight I want to talk about Chris Rock.
Seems a video of my man spoofing white folks has surfaced and A-merry-ca is not too pleased.
"They say it's only racist if it's not funny, so is the previously unreleased video for "Crackers," Chris Rock's white-bashing spoof of OutKast's "Hey Ya," a case of beats for the bigoted?In what is sure to spark debate over the thin line between racism and comedy, Rock's version is called "Crackers," a not-so subtle reference to Caucasians. In the four minute clip.."
Oh ohh Chris, don't you have a new movie coming out? This is not a good time to be controversial in A-merry-ca. Nothing says sure to be broke more than a controversial Negro in A-merry-ca.
Anyway, judge for yourselves. I really need to hear from you white folks on this one. You tell us if you find it offensive. I already know what you Negroes are going to say. Double standard?
Before I go, I want to thank you all for the e-mails and comments you sent my way about the comments section on the blog. Some of it was heartfelt and sincere, and some of it was the usual "field Negro I wish you would die" type shit. I want you all to know that I heard you loud and clear and I appreciate the feedback. Thank you.
Alicia, you did much better today. :)

0 Comments