
You gotta love Slick Romney, not only does the guy have a mug for central casting, but apparently he has the acting skills to fit right into Hollywood as well.
Did you catch the latest from the Mitt Romney Phony Tour? I did. I saw Mitt tell Tim Russert that his civil rights cred is in tact because he saw his dad march with Dr. King. And then, like any great actor, he cried right on cue.
Of course there is one little problem; Mitt's daddy, George, never actually marched with Dr. King, so there is no way that Mitt could have seen what he claimed to have seen. There has to be something seriously pathological about a man who can go on national television and tell such an obvious lie. I mean Bubba was good, but I think this guy is better. At least Bubba was trying to save his marriage. (What man in his right mid would want Hillary mad at him?)
"If you look at the literature, if you look at the dictionary, the term 'saw' includes being aware of in the sense I've described,... it's a figure of speech and very familiar, and it's very common. And I saw my dad march with Martin Luther King. I did not see it with my own eyes, but I saw him in the sense of being aware of his participation in that great effort." Huh?
Poor Mitt, he is trying his best to spin this one. He claims that when he says he "saw" his dad march with King, he meant it in a figurative and not a literal way. He says that his daddy told him that he had marched with King when he was growing up . (My god man have you no shame?) Mitt, you said you "saw" your daddy march with King. I mean how can you spin that shit? When I say that I sat through a sound check with Bob Marley, I literally mean that I sat through a sound check with Bob Marley. I don't mean that I sat through a sound check listening to Bob Marley. I meant that I was actually sitting with Bob Marley at that sound check. You don't forget shit like that, just like you wouldn't forget watching your dad march with Dr. King.
Now this makes me wonder about Mitt's little story about pulling to the side of the road and crying when he heard that his church was going to start treating blacks as equals. In fact, it makes me wonder about a lot of things Mitt has said and done. Mitt strikes me as the kind of guy who would say that his daddy owned slaves if he thought that's what A-merry-cans wanted to hear.
But such is the life of a politician; always being slick, always prevaricating, and always saying what they think people want to hear. We have come to expect this, it's just that Mitt seems so much better at it than all the others.
***I want to thank rikyrah for commenting in the fields and bringing this story to the forefront of my consciousness****

0 Comments