
Mrs. Field and I went to a unique tie affair earlier, but I didn't feel like staying so we left early.
I don't like unique colored cars because they show the dirt too much.
I love to see women dressed in little unique dresses when they go out on the town.
If a unique cat crosses your path it's supposed to be bad luck.
I know the first paragraph of this post was crazy but hang with me for a minute, I am trying to make a point. It's like this: I recently read this story from New York about a young lady who had to remove the word black from her year book because the school's principal, after consulting with lawyers, decided that it might be too offensive to "some" people. Yes, they really said that, look at the link. Anyway, because the word black is offensive, the powers that be told the young lady to use the word unique instead. As in SAY IT LOUD I AM UNIQUE AND I AM PROUD. No, but seriously, this is not funny. Who the hell finds the word black offensive in 2009? And where the hell is Cuba, New York? I bet there isn't as much censorship in Havana, Cuba as there is in Cuba, New York.
"In my view, it could have been deemed offensive by some people, and therefore, rather than offend some people the better course of action is to make it inoffensive to anyone,...A recommendation was made to allow the student to present something else, which might not be deemed offensive, while still certainly if anyone wants to acknowledge their heritage or be proud of their heritage, that is certainly acceptable. That is not a problem."
Some people are taking this "post racial" A-merry-ca shit just a little too far. Look, I get the whole PC thing, and in certain types environments we can't go around offending other people with insensitive and callous remarks. If someone referred to themselves or one of their friends with an ethnic or religious slur in a year book, they should be censored. But black? Has black become the new nigger in a post racial A-merry-ca? Wow, I feel so out of the loop.
"There is no legal claim for hurt feelings, and there is no conceivable way that a student referring to her race in a yearbook could give anyone a right to sue...I'd challenge the school district to come forward with a single court case in which a school has ever been ordered to pay damages to people who found a remark in a yearbook upsetting to them."
Come on now Mr. Lawyer man, didn't you know that there is a first time for everything?

0 Comments