*I think I am losing some of my edge. This latest vacation has me going all soft. Maybe it's the flashes of kindness and humanity that I have been seeing from strangers that is making me get all Hallmark all of a sudden. (The day before Christmas I met a young white college student at Suburban Station in Philly, and she was sharing her meal with a homeless person. Not only was she sharing her meal, but she was obviously sharing her time as well. I sat there watching the scene so long that I almost missed the R-1 train to the Airport. Damn near brought tears to my eyes.) Still, I am not sure if this is a good thing. It could all be a set up for future disappointments down the road.
Speaking of disappointments; someone sent me an e-mail with a couple of links that I have to share with you. (h/t to Stacey) If it's true, well then damn it, my Christmas high could be over already.
Seems his O ness might be going all George Bush on us. Again, if true, this is not good. I understand the need to fight terror and to make the job easier for law enforcement, but I am not comfortable with law enforcement officials having carte blanche powers over my person. I am just not there yet. Yes, I am slowly getting my faith back in humanity, but sorry, I am still a cynic at heart. My Kumbaya moments don't last very long.
Some bloggers aren't pleased. And that's not surprising, given that they are not fans of his O ness. I am different. I happen to have some love for his O ness, so count me as someone who is extremely disappointed if all aspects of this story is true. There is only so much an almost O-Aid drinking heart can take.
I am sure that the cats over at Interpol do a fine job, but arresting U.S. citizens on A-merry-can soil? I will have to take a serious look at that again when I get back to the plantation. Jody, if you are reading this, maybe you can tell us what you know about this latest Executive Order coming from the beige house. Inquiring, if not kinder minds, want to know.
I am out.
*Pic courtesy of Sloone.com

0 Comments