Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Lost in Philly.

Image result for philadelphia images I didn't want to go out at lunchtime today, cause it was just too damn hot, and, frankly, I don't really like crowds that much. And in case you have been living under a rock for the past few days, thanks to the DNC, there are some large crowds in Philly these days.

So anyway, on my way back to the office from my quick lunch run, I was stopped by a group of older white women who were obviously lost, and who wondered if I could point them in the right direction to a popular destination for tourists in our city.

I grabbed their map, smiled kindly, and proceeded to go over everything that I thought they needed to know. I kept up my Philly tutorial until I was sure that they knew exactly how they were going to get to their destination.

They thanked me over and over again, and before they left, I asked them where they were from. They told me that they were all from Tennessee, and for all but one of them it was their first visit to Philadelphia. They said that they were having a wonderful time, and that everyone had been really friendly and  kind.

Philly sometimes gets a bad rap for rudeness, so it was nice to meet some folks whose experiences went against the perception.

I gave each one them a business card, and told them that if they found themselves in any trouble that they should not hesitate to give me a call. [Southern accent] "Well we plan to party for the rest of the week so we might just take you up on that". *Laughter all around.*

They were all such nice ladies. Now I am glad that I went out of my building for lunch and bonded with the ladies from Tennessee.

I know I know, some of you are waiting for that cynical hook that sometimes accompany my posts, but tonight there will be none.

That's it. That's my blog post tonight. Just a wonderful experience with some older ladies from the South. 

*Pic from visitphilly.com



Post a Comment

0 Comments